60 pounds in 6 months!

Options
Hi everyone. I'm Michelle and I've been trying to lose weight and have been working out 5 times a week for a month now.

It has obly been four weeks but I feel the struggle y'all are talking about! I would really like to build a network of support for those whoe are starting out like me!

I am 23 and stand at 5'2".

SW: 190
CW: 184
GW: 125

I am giving myself 6 months to shed the big 60! Please feel free to join me on my journey!

Replies

• ersoper3118
    ersoper3118 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • MitchAnnRose
    MitchAnnRose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!

Thank you!! :)
  • Missy_78155
    Missy_78155 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 60 lbs, as well. I will be 52 mid September. I don't have any health issues. I am not active and I need to change that. I would like to live a healthier lifestyle, but have a difficult time getting motivated. Any tips to increase will power?
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi there, congrats for making a commitment to yourself and setting high goals :) That being said, please, please do this safely.

Given your current stats, your TDEE is about 2000 (assuming sedentary lifestyle). To achieve your desired weight loss within that timeframe, you'll need to subtract 1150 calories from that, giving you a net of 850. It's unlikely that you'll get all the nutrients you need with this calorie goal.

I'm 23, 5'2", currently ~125 pounds. I started at ~180 in August 2014 and hit my initial goal of 130 in January 2015. That's about 50 pounds over 6 months. This was achieved by netting 1000 calories per day. I lost a lot of muscle mass in the process and was mentally exhausted. Four months later, I'm still dealing with mild anemia.

A strict deadline might be too restrictive, but what you do is ultimately up to you. Please make sure that you're fueling your body properly and making sustainable lifestyle changes.

I wish you the best of luck!
  • Daniv84
    Daniv84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose about the same! My motivation is a Punta Cana trip where I will be surrounded by tons of family and friends. I would like to not be embarrassed of my body and covered up the whole time. Good luck to you!

• sperkins68
    sperkins68 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i also want to lose 60lbs in 6 months... im 3 weeks in and have lost 9lbs so far. However i actually want to lose 100lbs in total but im currently working on the 60lbs.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but I just don't want you to be disappointed or frustrated. 60 pounds in 6 months is an aggressive goal. 25-30 pounds is a bit more realistic. I'm 5'0", I started at 165 in January and here it is almost June and I'm only down to 155.6. That's at about 1300 calories a day, exercising 4 days a week and not eating exercise calories back. Cutting any more calories to lose faster would be a fast train to crazyville for me so I've had to learn patience.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Setting a time limit is not good, especially when your goal is as aggressive as this. If 60 is all you have to lose, then you shouldn't be going any quicker than 1.5 pounds a week.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • xquisiteluv
    xquisiteluv Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    STW 250
    CWT 212
    GWT 150
    want to lose about 50 60lbs myself looking for motivation and friends feel free to add me my name is Luekisha I'm from NJ btw...With the support and encouragement from others we all can do this!! Stay blessed everyone! :)
  • MitchAnnRose
    Options
    I need to lose about 60 lbs, as well. I will be 52 mid September. I don't have any health issues. I am not active and I need to change that. I would like to live a healthier lifestyle, but have a difficult time getting motivated. Any tips to increase will power?

Hi! I used to be extremely active in college but that all changed in law school two years ago. All i did was study and sleep and eatnl and gained so much. I faced stepping on a scale four weeks ago and my view changed. I am 23, 5'2" and weigh 190. That for me was enough motivation.

Little steps such as walking for 30 minutes everyday and eating clean makes all the difference. It doesnt have to be difficult like starvibg yourself. Your body burns fat and builds muscle for you by itself if you eat clean and exercise regularly. :) It may not be as quick but it is sure and consistent! Good luck!

• MitchAnnRose
    Options
    Hi there, congrats for making a commitment to yourself and setting high goals :) That being said, please, please do this safely.

Given your current stats, your TDEE is about 2000 (assuming sedentary lifestyle). To achieve your desired weight loss within that timeframe, you'll need to syour body properly and making sustainable lifestyle c

I wish you the best of luck!
    k! [/quote]

I agree! I am also consuming 1000cal a day and still feel strong at the gym for boxing and circuit training. i only intend to lose 2-3 pounds a week which is considered safe.

I look up to you and your success so much! How did you stay on track and keep yourself motivated? :) I hope to learn loads from you!! :)
  • MitchAnnRose
    Options
    Daniv84 wrote: »
    I would like to lose about the same! My motivation is a Punta Cana trip where I will be surrounded by tons of family and friends. I would like to not be embarrassed of my body and covered up the whole time. Good luck to you!

I also have prepared non-food reeards for every 10pounds that i lose to keep myself motivated and focused! My 60lbs reward is also a beach trip where I can finally feel confident about my hard earned fitness1 i hope you reach yours and enjoy your trip! :)
  • MitchAnnRose
    Options
    sperkins68 wrote: »
    i also want to lose 60lbs in 6 months... im 3 weeks in and have lost 9lbs so far. However i actually want to lose 100lbs in total but im currently working on the 60lbs.

I've lost 6 pounds and want to keep going til I reach my goal! Being more aggressive in the gym and eating clean is really the only formula. Of course you also have light gym days so as not to strain yourself too much, but consistency is key! Good luck!!! :)
  • MitchAnnRose
    Options
    LiLLAyDE wrote: »
    STW 250
    CWT 212
    GWT 150
    want to lose about 50 60lbs myself looking for motivation and friends feel free to add me my name is Luekisha I'm from NJ btw...With the support and encouragement from others we all can do this!! Stay blessed everyone! :)

Definitely! Success stories serve as motivation and guidance in our journeys! I hope we get loads of support as it really fuels people in achieving big goals such as this! :)