Skipping

Love love skipping

Replies

• jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Me too!! I need to start doing it again. Such an amazing exercise.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    i used to skip school.

does that count?
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    So, I'm a little ignorant here. What is skipping? Is it the combo run/hop kids used to do? Or is this something new?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    So, I'm a little ignorant here. What is skipping? Is it the combo run/hop kids used to do? Or is this something new?
    Its that run skip thing kids do. And as an adult it it quite the excercise not so easy anymore!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Its that run skip thing kids do. And as an adult it it quite the excercise not so easy anymore!

Run skip thing? What?

Skipping to me is jumping a rope or as some people call it jump rope.

I skip at least twice a week at kick boxing. I need more practice so I can do knees up that is basically running on the spot, not jumping.
  • monamonababy
    monamonababy Posts: 4 Member
    omg, i used to love skipping so much. how do you do it for exercise without looking like a lunatic? i wish i could say i don't care if people stare at me on the street, but i sorta do ;)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Merkavar wrote: »

Run skip thing? What?

I skip at least twice a week at kick boxing. I need more practice so I can do knees up that is basically running on the spot, not jumping.
    @Merkavar
    skipping can also mean this:
    skipping.gif
  • shadow2soul
    omg, i used to love skipping so much. how do you do it for exercise without looking like a lunatic? i wish i could say i don't care if people stare at me on the street, but i sorta do ;)

I was doing it around the track at my gym when I was doing Zombies,Run!5k (yes skipping like that actually comes up in one of the workouts...week 7 or 8 I think). Anyway, I was making it a full lap (1/18th of a mile) around and then running again. I got some looks from the adults and a few kids tried to do what I was doing.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Do quite a bit of this as a thai boxer

not bad but it gets quite easy very quick

Ie skipping for 45 min gets quite boring
  • Merkavar

Run skip thing? What?

@Merkavar
    skipping.gif

Yeah I guess but I had never consider that exercise. Or at least not an exercise people did.

If someone on a fitness weightloss site mentioned skipping I would have to assume it involved a rope.

I wonder which to op meant :smiley:
  • Merkavar
    Sydking wrote: »
    Do quite a bit of this as a thai boxer

not bad but it gets quite easy very quick

Ie skipping for 45 min gets quite boring

Do you mean skipping as in through a field of flowers at spring or skipping/jumping a rope?
  • shadow2soul
    edited May 2015

Run skip thing? What?

@Merkavar
    skipping.gif

Yeah I guess but I had never consider that exercise. Or at least not an exercise people did.

If someone on a fitness weightloss site mentioned skipping I would have to assume it involved a rope.

I wonder which to op meant :smiley:

Don't know which the OP meant. But this can be a challenge if you try and pull your knees up to your chest as you go (without bending forward). As I mentioned above, it's actually used in Week 7 or 8 of the Zombies,Run!5k training app.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    It's not skipping but when I have the track to myself I love running like Phoebe from Friends does :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    UK skipping = US jump rope.