How would you describe my activity level?

Options
I'm a 22 year old (almost 23), 5'5" female weighing in at roughly 125 pounds. I work out 6 times a week as follows:

Heavy lifting 3-4 days a week with usually a 5k run on the same day.
Cardio days 2-3 days a week (when I don't have lift days) usually anywhere between 4-7 miles run.
Sometimes on my "rest" day I will take a short run or a bike ride as active rest.

I work in a chemistry lab and walk around a bit throughout the day, but am usually on my feet in the lab for at least 5 hours a day.

How would you describe my activity level? Moderately active? Active?

Thanks.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Exclude all that exercise - it's not part of your activity setting.
  • SamberryC
    SamberryC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd say you're quite active. Bare in mind there's a lot of people who use this app that begin from just sitting on the sofa at home or just in a chair all day at work.
    If you're moving around a lot and always (or almost always) on your feet, then you're more active than the majority of people.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I would say moderately active.. HOWEVER... if you eat back your exercise calories (or recommended to eat some of them back).... then MFP will need to be set as sedentary and you enter your exercise manually...

Make sense..??
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I would say moderately active.. HOWEVER... if you eat back your exercise calories (or recommended to eat some of them back).... then MFP will need to be set as sedentary and you enter your exercise manually...

Make sense..??

No that's not how MFP works.
    Activity setting and exercise are separate.

An active person (postman perhaps?) would still set activity level as active and eat back exercise calories.

A sedentary worker (desk jockey for example) would set as sedentary and eat back exercise calories.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd start by setting it at sedentary.
    Then add in the exercise as you do it.

If you start losing weight quite quickly and feel that's too fast ... change it to lightly active.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    No that's not how MFP works.
    Activity setting and exercise are separate.

An active person (postman perhaps?) would still set activity level as active and eat back exercise calories.

A sedentary worker (desk jockey for example) would set as sedentary and eat back exercise calories.

Now that makes sense. Op I'd say you are quite active.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Here is my favorite calculator. You can play around with the numbers and this INCLUDES exercise. It usually turns out to be about the same number as MFP + adding exercise calories.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/#results
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I would try lightly active and then enter your exercise and eat back half of that and see how that goes.