Anyone use Misfit Shine or Flash? Need friends?

Options

Replies

• MsNeumann
    MsNeumann Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ok I just sent out a bunch of requests. I'm sorry if I missed anyone. Feel free to add me: KNeumann. Great thread!
  • MsNeumann
    Options
    Ok I think I'm just KariNeumann on there. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for accepting my request!
  • Heidisjourney
    Heidisjourney Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I have a shine
    Add me
    Heidispidey
  • chelsmaee7
    chelsmaee7 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Anyone else ever had this happen!? I just got up from my bed and walked into the bathroom and heard something hit the floor and when I looked at my wrist I saw this!

jumvk3kmxws9.jpg
  • chelsmaee7
    Options
    Also I've only had it since this weekend!
  • cbradley903
    cbradley903 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Chels wow that is really sucking. I have had mine since December and have the same band that came in the box. I have looked at it because it is the flimsy one that comes with it. My daughter got the watch type band too but I took it back. I didn't like the hard plastic felt it would crack and the band would not have worked well with my lifestyle working in the pool all the time. Is it the hard plastic where it cracked. Just wondering. I would send this pic to Mis fit and let them know. As well as you could take it back if you got it at a store and only keep out of the box the shine and have them replace the broken part. If you got it at like walmart. Good luck makes me sad and scares me. It has been my lifeline to keeping myself motivated to loose 55 plus lbs. keep me posted.
  • chelsmaee7
    Options
    Chels wow that is really sucking. I have had mine since December and have the same band that came in the box. I have looked at it because it is the flimsy one that comes with it. My daughter got the watch type band too but I took it back. I didn't like the hard plastic felt it would crack and the band would not have worked well with my lifestyle working in the pool all the time. Is it the hard plastic where it cracked. Just wondering. I would send this pic to Mis fit and let them know. As well as you could take it back if you got it at a store and only keep out of the box the shine and have them replace the broken part. If you got it at like walmart. Good luck makes me sad and scares me. It has been my lifeline to keeping myself motivated to loose 55 plus lbs. keep me posted.

I was shocked! Only having it since Saturday and just wearing it in normal day to day activity and while I sleep. I'm a master at super gluing things to look normal so I did super glue it for the time being because during the summer I don't wear a lot of clothing with pockets and I'm usually barefoot so I don't have much to clip it onto and just prefer wearing it on my wrist. I did email misfit so hopefully I will hear back from them sometimes today/tomorrow.

Unfortunately I bought it online and had a family member pick it up at best buy for me and bring it when they took a trip to where I live since I live in a tiny town with basically no stores lol so it would be a road trip to return it. It's been so rainy and hot that I haven't been very active but seeing myself at 2nd of my friends on Wednesday was very motivating!!
  • MsNeumann
    Options
    You can probably call best buy and ask them to exchange it. Worth a shot...
  • chelsmaee7
    Options
    MsNeumann wrote: »
    You can probably call best buy and ask them to exchange it. Worth a shot...

Within hours of emailing misfit, they sent me an email back with a form to fill out to get a replacement band!! I'm not happy about it breaking but I'm very pleased with their customer service.
  • angelac1296
    angelac1296 Posts: 48 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love this! I've had my misfit shine since December, and I have it synced with mfp and runkeeper (for my walks). I love how they all work together! It's helped me get serious again about getting fit, and I've gone down a pants size since I started using them!!!

After a couple months my sister got one. Last month my mom, dad, and brother followed! I plan to get shines for my kids and hubby asap.

Having friends on it really motivates!

I am angela1296
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    chelsmaee7 wrote: »
    Anyone else ever had this happen!? I just got up from my bed and walked into the bathroom and heard something hit the floor and when I looked at my wrist I saw this!

jumvk3kmxws9.jpg

Yeah, that happened to my husband's Flash - they sent him new wristbands. But then it got water damage, replaced that, then it just quit again. We returned it to Amazon and got a Shine instead.
  • cbradley903
    Options
    Just want to reply to everyone. It is awesome to watch how each of us are working hard to keep up. It is a lot harder for me on the weekends when I work at a differ place or am carrion get around fifty lb feed bags for my mom. The shine is good at tracking but well sometimes it does not feel sorry for my weight lifting skills. But oh how I love it. Have had it on since December and do not plan on taking it off. Only tightening the band as I loose. I hit 50 lbs on MFP today. And a total of 56 since I have had my shine. Feeling so much better. And know that I know there is more of us out there. I was kind of stuck in a Fitbit world all around me. One thing is for sure. When they have to charge theirs. I am so thankful it goes on and on. And loves the water. It is a easy to change the battery too. Make sure you get a good one when it tells you it is getting low. I would recommend going to a car parts place and getting one for the key fobs. Trust me the energizers at Walmart jewelry counter will die a fat death if your are active. Been there. Have a great weekend. Shoot for the high spot if you can. I will have a hard time keeping up but am up for the challenge.
  • MsNeumann
    Options
    Chelsea, glad you got resolution to the problem and that you are happy with it! I love my shine and feel naked when I'm not wearing it. Enjoy!
  • chelsmaee7
    Options
    Just want to reply to everyone. It is awesome to watch how each of us are working hard to keep up. It is a lot harder for me on the weekends when I work at a differ place or am carrion get around fifty lb feed bags for my mom. The shine is good at tracking but well sometimes it does not feel sorry for my weight lifting skills. But oh how I love it. Have had it on since December and do not plan on taking it off. Only tightening the band as I loose. I hit 50 lbs on MFP today. And a total of 56 since I have had my shine. Feeling so much better. And know that I know there is more of us out there. I was kind of stuck in a Fitbit world all around me. One thing is for sure. When they have to charge theirs. I am so thankful it goes on and on. And loves the water. It is a easy to change the battery too. Make sure you get a good one when it tells you it is getting low. I would recommend going to a car parts place and getting one for the key fobs. Trust me the energizers at Walmart jewelry counter will die a fat death if your are active. Been there. Have a great weekend. Shoot for the high spot if you can. I will have a hard time keeping up but am up for the challenge.

Great job on your progress!! And good suggestion when it comes time to change the battery! I wanted a Fitbit for so long but I have a hard time spending more than $50 on anything lol I ended up choosing the misfit because it can also track cycling and I can wear it in the water. I almost always have my phone on me which tracks my steps just fine so I didn't want to spend $100 on something that does what my phone can. I've been terrible at keeping my activity up but I don't work so I'm not up moving around and my steps usually come from taking walks but it's been raining constantly
  • chelsmaee7
    Options
    MsNeumann wrote: »
    Chelsea, glad you got resolution to the problem and that you are happy with it! I love my shine and feel naked when I'm not wearing it. Enjoy!

I was so worried about it because to bring it back to best buy would cost me as much in gas as I spent buying the misfit itself lol my super glue is holding for now and hopefully can make it the 5-10 days until the new one arrives. My flash didn't seem to fit well in it to begin with and from what I read online, some of them are just flawed like that so hopefully the new one will be better!

When I first started wearing it, I hated it because I never wear a watch or bracelet but now it feels so odd to not have it on!
  • cbradley903
    Options
    You guys are awesome. And Chels I am hearing you about taking it off just to take it off when I changed the battery my body felt like I lost my tail. Lol. I have been able to wear it through the airport when I went to Florida to see my son. I was shocked it didn't set things off. I totally forgot I was wearing it then I showed my daughter it was still on. We was shocked. MaNeuman great to have you in MFP as a friend too. Well the number has to stay a little lower to night too many hours at the park. It is not going to happen. But I feel blessed it didn't rain all day and was pretty out during my walks.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Loving having friends on the Social! Anyone who wants to friend request me, it's Sodagrrl on Misfit.

I have 2 questions/topics. One - where do you wear your Misfits? I wore mine on my wrist at first, but one time I knitted all afternoon and I saw it gave me about 800 points and I hadn't been off the couch!! After that I started wearing it on my ankle instead.

The other issue: Anyone have problems with the sleep tracker? for the last week or so I've gone to sleep around midnight, but it shows me going to sleep around 3:45am. Weird.

• MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    Even though I've got my 87-year-old Aunt as a house guest for a few days, I've gotten a decent number of steps in. She walks every day on a treadmill at home (!!!??!!) and we've walked a mile together each day she's been here (about all she can manage outdoors). All I can say is that her longevity/health/enthusiasm for life are testaments to the power of getting up and WALKING or RUNNING! :D
  • MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    chelsmaee7 wrote: »

jumvk3kmxws9.jpg

Yeah, that happened to my husband's Flash - they sent him new wristbands. But then it got water damage, replaced that, then it just quit again. We returned it to Amazon and got a Shine instead.

I bought a necklace (not from Misfit) to wear my Shine as a pendant, but haven't tried it yet. I am *really* wondering if it logs steps differently if I wear it there vs. my ankle.
  • cclamby
    cclamby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is awesome:) I have just gotten my misfit shine and it will be great to already have so many people to compete against and friends to join the cause. I added anyone I could find on here, and I would love for you guys to add me! My misfit username is cclamby for those who are interested. Can't wait to get started! :D