Bad Week

Options
I was doing so well the past 8 weeks but this week hasn't been going well at all and I need to get back on track. The problem I have is that I'll beat myself up for those little things that I know won't make me gain 2lbs in a day but seeing the scale go up that much is disheartening.

Replies

• Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It is probably water and will go away. We all have bad weeks and it is how we bounce back from them that matters. You can do this and you will get back on track. One step at a time and the rest falls in place.
  • daaaaaanielle
    daaaaaanielle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Losing weight isn't a weekly thing - it's long term. One bad week doesn't offset all the other good weeks! I've moved to only weighing myself once a fortnight to avoid seeing little flucutations and so far I've saw it move downwards every time. Some fortnights more than others for sure but downwards is what I want. :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Well I have had a rough couple weeks but the key is not to be so hard on yourself. That couple lbs will go away, probably water or body functions. You have to re focus and remember you are human and we all fall. Remember why you are here and what you want to achieve. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither are good eating habits:) just try to remember this just because you make one bad food choice doesn't mean your next food choice has to be bad too or even turn into a bad eating day or week. This has helped me alot but I have my moments!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    When I have a bad week, I stay off the scale until I've gotten myself back on track.

Even if I have gained a couple of pounds, if I've been hitting my goals for the past couple days, I can shrug it off. If I get on the scale when I've just finished going way over my calories, I tend to get upset with myself and beat myself up.
  • Nicshtik
    Nicshtik Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself! We all have bad days, weeks, and sometimes months. Its not how we handle those that matter, its how we move on and forward that matters!!! Life means we sometimes have vacations, or holidays, or stress, or kids, or busy schedules. Wanting to be healthier, however, is for us, not for any of those things. So don't let those things interfering in your everyday change your perspective.
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Look at your weight report or net calories over the last 3 months and you will see you are doing well. There will be times when everyone will put a 1lb or 2 on 1 week....it could be the result of extra calories or it could just be your body. Either way don't beat yourself up over it
  • JessicaThompson12
    JessicaThompson12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys!!! :smile: Every day is a new day to get right back on the train.