stressed

Options
You never know how many calories your actually eating until you start keeping track I only have 646 calories left to be under or on target and it's only breakfast UGH

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    so go take a walk or a jog. create more space if you want more space.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Pre planning is helpful! You can't get caught short if you work out what you're eating before you start the day
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Jonestiarra2013 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That Is true, thank you :)
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Options
    Plus I chose the 2lbs a week option when I signed up so my calorie goal is less then other people on here who chose 1lb a week
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Without a food scale do you even know you consume that many calories?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Plus I chose the 2lbs a week option when I signed up so my calorie goal is less then other people on here who chose 1lb a week

How much do you have to lose? Slower might be less stressful and less depressing.... And likely more successful!
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Options
    This app can calculate everything for you @yopeeps025
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Options

How much do you have to lose? Slower might be less stressful and less depressing.... And likely more successful!

I want to lose 100lbs
  • yopeeps025
    Options

hmm. You will learn different.

• Jonestiarra2013
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

What do you mean?
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Options
    You are all welcome to add me BTW I just started here and don't know how to add people yet
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

What do you mean?

Without using a food scale, you are guesstimating your calories. You could be are off by hundreds of calories. Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat. Log religiously. Adjust after you figure out how much you are truly eating.
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Pre planning is helpful! You can't get caught short if you work out what you're eating before you start the day

I second the pre-planning and pre-logging (i.e. I will log everything I'm going to eat for the day in the morning). It's the only way I ever hit my calorie target!
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Options

What do you mean?

Without using a food scale, you are guesstimating your calories. You could be are off by hundreds of calories. Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat. Log religiously. Adjust after you figure out how much you are truly eating.

Until I get one is the app OK to use for counting?
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Options
    vinerie wrote: »

I second the pre-planning and pre-logging (i.e. I will log everything I'm going to eat for the day in the morning). It's the only way I ever hit my calorie target!

That does sound like a great idea..
  • yopeeps025
    Options

What do you mean?

I was gonna say she can figure this out for herself when stalls start happening and wonder why your weekly goals are not being met since the app does everything.

• Jonestiarra2013
    Options

What do you mean?

I was gonna say she can figure this out for herself when stalls start happening and wonder why your weekly goals are not being met since the app does everything.
    Yes but it doesn't hurt to have advice and support from others especially if your new to this like I am, thanks for your input tho @yopeeps025
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This app tells you how many calories in the 'amount' of food you are eating, but it's up to you to input that amount accurately & that means a food scale. Until then, you are only estimating.
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Options
    snoringcat wrote: »
    This app tells you how many calories in the 'amount' of food you are eating, but it's up to you to input that amount accurately & that means a food scale. Until then, you are only estimating.

I've never heard of a food scale before I'm so new to this weight loss thing...so for example I ate 2 extra large eggs this morning each one was 88 calories would that not be accurate without a food scale?
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    snoringcat wrote: »

I've never heard of a food scale before I'm so new to this weight loss thing...so for example I ate 2 extra large eggs this morning each one was 88 calories would that not be accurate without a food scale?

It's ok to estimate things like that. Where the scale comes in handy is when you are portioning out meat/veg/etc or adding your own recipes.

Oh and I agree with the other posters - if you find yourself 'short' of calories, then do some exercise. The other night I realised I was going to go over by a couple of hundred or so after dinner, so I went for a brisk walk for an hour. Good luck!