Its not all about the scale. 218 to 124 (pictures)

Options
triciab79
triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
I have posted my full story before when I went from 218 to 118. I was super proud of the 100lbs I lost but I learned a little lesson in the last year. Its not all about the scale. I gain 5lbs this fall and I really didn't mind it. The original goal weight was 127 and I only went to 118 so that my skin would get a chance to recover at a lower weight. I held the lower weight for 2 yrs which is the amount of time they say it takes to see recovery. I then tried to gain a little back to see if it would fill in the remaining skin. It did somewhat but it left me a little fluffy. I was planning to costplay the new female version of Thor at the end of May (tomorrow) and fluffy and Thor don't seem to go together very well. I joined a gym for the first time in about 10yrs. I did cardio and weights 4-5 days a week. I did not aim at losing weight or even bulking too much. I just wanted to tone it all up and look less fluffy. Here is my result. The first pic is my before weight loss:
IMG_6329_zps942d46a5.jpg

And this is a side by side of what 123 but not working out looks like compared to 124 and lifting weights.
5330a7d3-18e9-4a9f-99e4-1162767781c2_zpsyx1j5fqy.jpg

Replies

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Wow !!! You look great !
    Nice Abs !!! and congrats on keeping it off for years. Impressive.
  • angeltilo
    angeltilo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! Your face looks nice in both but after working out it even looks more toned. You should be so proud of yourself.
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yes! Its TOTALLY not all about the scale.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    #1 incredible work on the original loss. #2 nice difference between pics. You are clearly more toned in all areas. I hope you have so much fun with the cosplay
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    There is definitely quite a bit more definition in your arms. Good job!
  • jodes023
    jodes023 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been doing everything I can to delay lifting weights...but as I near my initial goal weight and still look flabby...this motivates me. Thank you!
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You actually look YOUNGER in the 2nd pic, too!
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look great!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It's amazing! You used to look like Mickey Mouse and now you are a beautiful blond! OK, seriously, you've done an incredible job of taking charge of your health and fitness. You look fantastic!
  • AnnaFit4Life
    AnnaFit4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Fit and fabulous! Congratulations on your Success. The weights made a huge difference for me too.
    Cheers to Maintaining.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! thanks for sharing, it's a great incentive for us
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! How tall are you?
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Looking good lass :-) Really helpful to see those comparison pictures. I'm looking forward to that stage. I build muscle easily so am holding off lifting until I'm at my halfway goal. Your post has definitely motivated me, thank you:-)
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    So this was me at PHX comicon yesterday. The arms were worth the effort.

IMG_3293_zpsbu7ubmkg.jpg
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love reading these success stories! I just returned from Disney and can't wait to use my Mickey picture as a midway point!! Congrats, you really look awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!