Hello Fellow Dieters!

Options
I'm Macy and I'm trying to lose about 20 pounds before August 1st! I'm trying to keep up with the insanity program, so I'm trying to exercise a lot more and eat a little less! I really need support because my fam and friends try but they really don't help like strangers who know nothing about me but have the same goals will!!! I'm doing this the old fashion way, eating and exercising so I would really like people that are doing the same exact thing as I am and not really on a specific diet!

So hey and I hope you guys can help me shed some pounds!!! :)

Replies

• DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Well you have plenty of suuport here. Good luck to you!!
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    Options
    Well you have plenty of suuport here. Good luck to you!!

Thanks so much :)
  • fitboricua
    fitboricua Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello MAcy!

Welcome....I diid Insanity a while a ago and I can tell you is intense but it is worth it. Keep it up and if you need any advice let me know.

Did you join the Beachbody Community? If not you shoould and if you want you can have me as your Coach.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    First off, this isnt a diet. If you want to gain the weight right back as soon as you stop this "diet", go ahead and call it a diet. Otherwise, this is a lifestyle change, so that you can not only loose the weight, but keep it off forever. Second,. its not about eating less and excercising more. Its about eating healthier and choosing food better.. I eat all day long, all day everyday.. I eat more than I did before it feels like; but what I am choosing is the difference--I choose apple and peanut butter for breakfast instead of 2 sausage mcmuffins; I choose yogurt for a snack instead of skipping the snack all together; I choose a sandwich on whole wheat, a thin slice of cheese, and low calorie lunch meat and a ton of spinach and no mayo for lunch instead of a mcdouble and a mcchicken, with a side of carrots. I choose nuts for a snack instead of skipping the afternoon snack, and I choose chicken breast with a cup of rice and steamed brocolli over the 14oz steak and mashed potatoes loaded with butter and gravy wiht sauteed (in oil) onion and mushrooms' then instead of a bag of chips for nighttime snack, I have a big bowl of popcorn with no salt and 2tbls of low calorie butter.. I never go over my calories; and I never allow myself to be anywhere near the 1200calories a day limit to avoid starvation mode.

Im always full, I excercise once every 1 to 2 weeks. Ive lost 32pounds in 75days. Your goal is completely realistic, if you dont go at it with the approach of "eat as little calories as possible whiel excercising as much as possible" because you need to be sure to eat back your excercise calories.
  • Macy_R
    Options
    Hello MAcy!

Welcome....I diid Insanity a while a ago and I can tell you is intense but it is worth it. Keep it up and if you need any advice let me know.

Did you join the Beachbody Community? If not you shoould and if you want you can have me as your Coach.

I'm just starting week 3 today and the sad thing is I've lost zero pounds :( so yes I would love to have a Coach! how do I join that community?
  • Macy_R
    Options
    First off, this isnt a diet. If you want to gain the weight right back as soon as you stop this "diet", go ahead and call it a diet. Otherwise, this is a lifestyle change, so that you can not only loose the weight, but keep it off forever. Second,. its not about eating less and excercising more. Its about eating healthier and choosing food better.. I eat all day long, all day everyday.. I eat more than I did before it feels like; but what I am choosing is the difference--I choose apple and peanut butter for breakfast instead of 2 sausage mcmuffins; I choose yogurt for a snack instead of skipping the snack all together; I choose a sandwich on whole wheat, a thin slice of cheese, and low calorie lunch meat and a ton of spinach and no mayo for lunch instead of a mcdouble and a mcchicken, with a side of carrots. I choose nuts for a snack instead of skipping the afternoon snack, and I choose chicken breast with a cup of rice and steamed brocolli over the 14oz steak and mashed potatoes loaded with butter and gravy wiht sauteed (in oil) onion and mushrooms' then instead of a bag of chips for nighttime snack, I have a big bowl of popcorn with no salt and 2tbls of low calorie butter.. I never go over my calories; and I never allow myself to be anywhere near the 1200calories a day limit to avoid starvation mode.

Im always full, I excercise once every 1 to 2 weeks. Ive lost 32pounds in 75days. Your goal is completely realistic, if you dont go at it with the approach of "eat as little calories as possible whiel excercising as much as possible" because you need to be sure to eat back your excercise calories.

thanks for the advice! and believe me I love to eat so I will always be over on my calorie count so I just try not to worry about that, but I've hit a rut and I can't seem to lose weight! I can mantain my weight better than anyone I know but losing is a problem! So thanks for the motivation and the tips to set me in the right direction!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You should make ur diary public; then maybe people could give u advice. If your always over cal, maybe that is the issue... maybe the things u r eating r higher in sodium... maybe--welll whoo knows, it could be anything, but without a public diary, no1 can really help.
  • Macy_R
    Options
    You should make ur diary public; then maybe people could give u advice. If your always over cal, maybe that is the issue... maybe the things u r eating r higher in sodium... maybe--welll whoo knows, it could be anything, but without a public diary, no1 can really help.

How do you make a diet public because I would love for people to help me as much as they can!