loosing last 10lb

Options
Losing those last Ibs is so hard.
.I am using Sassy water and green tea to reduce my diete but now feeling bored. I need more ideas.

Replies

• grammyhoyt
    grammyhoyt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm also down to the last 10 pounds, what keeps me motivated are some of the great, healthy recipes available on this site and many others online and seeing if I can leave some calories "on the table" every day!
  • casscass78
    casscass78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    yeah, i'm down to my last 10 lbs and have kinda lost the motivation to keep going too :(
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    My advice is to ditch the Sassy Water unless you really enjoy it (it's basically just expensive 'infused' water).
    Log your food in MFP, set your goal to .5 lbs/week and follow your calorie goal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I make my own sassy water...because it tastes good and is refreshing on a hot Saturday afternoon on the patio...but other than that, it has no other magical properties.

the last 10 Lbs is difficult because you have very little actual fat stores less and physiological changes do occur as you lean out...basically when I got to that point it was time to start focusing more on fitness and less on the scale. That's when I really just started focusing on being as healthy and individual as I could be and doing the things that healthy and fit people do. It took awhile, but eventually those Lbs came off...'cuz good livin'
  • mjga2043
    mjga2043 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Honestly? My whole life has been "the last 10 lbs". But when you are only 5 feet tall those 10 lbs really make a difference. It is definitely very difficult!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What the heck is sassy water and why are you thinking green tea helps with weight loss?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    My advice is to ditch the Sassy Water unless you really enjoy it (it's basically just expensive 'infused' water).
    Log your food in MFP, set your goal to .5 lbs/week and follow your calorie goal.

Why set it to 0.5 lbs/week?
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have about 10 lbs left to lose. It is difficult and I am losing motivation, but I really fell in love with running, so I run, and run, and run and keep loosing (very slowly though)...

ps Have no idea what a sassy water is, but I do drink a lot of tea - green tea, black tea, herbal teas... I do not think they really help loosing weight, I just really like them! :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Why set it to 0.5 lbs/week?

Because OP only has 10 lbs to lose? Why not? Sure, she could be more aggressive, but that doesn't mean it'll be healthy.

Are you really going to argue about MY advice? OP asked for advice and I gave what I felt was good advice. How about instead of picking at someone else's advice, you give out some?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    What the heck is sassy water and why are you thinking green tea helps with weight loss?

I make my own for weekend patio time...it's just water, lemon, cucumber, and mint. it's refreshing and it keeps me from guzzling cocktails on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon...it's marketed as a detox fat burner though. I actually didn't even know it was an actual thing until recently...I first had it a few years ago at a local spa and thought it was refreshing...never knew it went all herp derp within the industry until just the other day when someone else mentioned "sassy water" and I looked it up and realized that was my patio water (which is what I call it).
  • jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes the last 10 pounds can take a while to lose. I went from 260 to 200 in a short period, from 200 to 185 in about 6 months and it's taken me a year to get from 185 to 173. My goal is 165.

Could I do it faster? Probably.
    Just have a reasonable weekly deficit and it will come off.

When I hit 185 I stopped being as vigilant about my weight loss. I knew I could maintain it in the right direction. I started enjoying food more, having more treats. If it takes me another year to get to 165 so be it. I know it is a slow process.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    The last 10lbs seem to be the worst! I am 5 weeks away from a Vegas trip and my boyfriend is going to be proposing in the next couple of months so that's my motivation right now!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I have 6 lbs left to go. The problem for me is that, at this point, it is just a waiting game. I know what I need to do and I'm doing it. I'm consistently getting 1.5 lb/week weight loss, so now I just need to wait four weeks and I'll be there. There's nothing particularly special about me reaching my goal, but I'm ready to move on to the next thing. Let's get this thing done.
  • marievinejackson
    marievinejackson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm down to the last 6 lbs after 3 years bored too!!
    Peppermint tea for me and I'm going to change my exercise from swimming and cycling to running. It's worth a shoot I guess.

Well done for hitting the home stretch!
  • bigjack69
    bigjack69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try lowering carbs slightly....go a couple of weeks without bread or potatoes for instance.....see what difference it makes to the scales.
  • deannaxsmithx
    deannaxsmithx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 9lbs. Best advice is to just keep doing what you're doing. You'll get there eventually.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 9lbs. Best advice is to just keep doing what you're doing. You'll get there eventually.
    Me too! Let's do this!!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

It always has witty comebacks, and needs to have the last word.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    Me too! Let's do this!!

Me three! Last 9.... I cant wait to get there snd see how my body looks
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

It always has witty comebacks, and needs to have the last word.

LOL!