120+ Down.. Last 25 are not moving!

Options
Anyone else having a hard time with stalls after losing a large amount of weight? What helped get the fire going again? It's been a 6 month stall

Replies

• topathemorning
    topathemorning Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Yep. The first 25 are a cinch, the last 25 you've gotta earn like a b#@$%$#. You're close to the last, keep on excercising and keeping to a healty diet!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I went through a six-month stall. I hired a personal trainer who was also a dietician and worked through it. Don't get me wrong, I really benefitted from her advice and guidance and I would sign up again if she was still in my area, but after spending the money, I realized the solution could've been cheaper.

Basically, what she did for me was refocus me on tracking my diet meticulously, and change up my workouts. I think my problem was that my body had adapted to the stress I was putting on it from my normal routine and my normal calorie deficit. I was doing a combination of weights/elliptical/recumbant bike and was sticking to 1200-1300 calories a day. She added a ton of new exercises, switched up my routine every week, and upped my calorie intake to 1500 for month. The shake up she gave me helped me finally break through.
  • bigjack69
    bigjack69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just mentioned on another post "Try lowering carbs slightly....go a couple of weeks without bread or potatoes for instance.....see what difference it makes to the scales."
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?
    do you log all your food consistently and accurately (by grams with correct entries)?

If you answered no to any of the above you are probably eating more than you think...

do you exercise?
    do you eat back your exercise calories?
    if yes how many?

If you answered yes to the above you are probably over estimating calorie burns...eating more than you think.

How many calories are you logging? weekly weight loss goals?

Maybe open your diary.
    bigjack69 wrote: »
    I just mentioned on another post "Try lowering carbs slightly....go a couple of weeks without bread or potatoes for instance.....see what difference it makes to the scales."

As long as they aren't replaced with other food she has reduced her calories which results in weight loss...eliminating carbs and replacing those calories with something else will do nothing except get rid of some water weight which comes back.