how many days per week do you workout? do you take 100% rest days?

Options

Replies

• rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    My heavy workout days are Tues-Fri. And Sat-Mon I play tennis for one hour with friends.

• PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do formal workouts four out of five weekdays and hike one (sometimes both) weekend days. The hike is usually my biggest burn of the week but it's more for fun so I don't consider it a real workout.

On my rest days I still walk 5-7 miles.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    5 - I don't work out on the weekends.

This.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,063 Member
    Options
    I do something 7 days a week.

On weekends I cycle quite a bit ... during the week I walk.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I usually workout M-F and take the weekends off. If I miss a weekday, then I'll make it up on the weekend.
  • kerbeya1
    kerbeya1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i usually try to do something every day, even if it's just one of those short walks but seriously today i'm not feeling like doing ANYTHING!

You wi hit a point where you body just says stop listen to it. I use to go 7 days a week lifting and cardio now I can really only do 3 days in a row then 1 day rest
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    5 days lifting/sometimes cardio added, 1 day pilates (still hard work) and 1 "rest" day where i work a 12 hour shift at my very active job, and am actually unable to get into the gym :/
  • underjay
    underjay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Everyday I do something just so I don't give myself the excuse of 'I'll do it tomorrow' - alternate days I jog or walk and yoga everyday.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday. Brisk walking intervals around 35 miles per week, lifting 4 days a week and occasionally I will throw in a DVD workout, do Pilates, calisthenics or play tennis.

I take an active rest day (light walking) once in a while when my body needs it, but I rarely take a complete rest day.

• kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I take 1-2 days per week, Fridays or Mondays and Fridays, depending on the intensity and overall duration. I do no forms of exercise at all on my rest days; taking today off completely for example. 6 days tend to be my max and just finished 15 hours riding 241 miles with over 10k feet elevation gain over that period. My best streak this year. (I normally start my week on Mondays but took a few days off vacationing last week. My current target is 11 hours per week of riding in three week blocks followed by 1 week at half of that duration.) Active recovery works for some but I'm not one of them. I tend to have no discipline in keeping my intensity low enough to be of benefit. It really depends on the intensity of the workouts and your current conditioning; being middle aged and out of shape, it takes me longer to recover.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    6 days once in awhile Ill do a little biking on the 7 day or just rest.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I lift 4 days a week with light cardio (walking, a little elliptical as a warm-up).

My ideal plan is to get back to cycling the other 3 days since my leg appears to be healed up enough to handle it.

But currently 3 days off with just maybe some light walking.
  • bigjack69
    bigjack69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Personally I exercise 7 days a week but I do have rest days from weight training.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I guess I must be the slacker of the group. I weight train 2-3 days a week. No formal exercise on the other days.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Everyday unless I'm feeling sick or use the lazy excuse. Most fit people who eat a balanced, varied diet really don't need rest days.

Think of it as a lifestyle change, not something to do intermittently. You must have willpower and dedication if you want results.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 days a week, and my workouts vary depending what I feel like doing. I try to do cardio twice a week and lifting twice a week.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    sun mon wed fri sat. i work out (harder on sat and sun) tues and thurs I take completely off from exercise. we blossom when we rest.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,538 Member
    Options
    I typically hit the gym twice per week, which day varies each week based upon work schedule, but when I go I go all out, 2+ hrs and end up lathered in sweat. The other days I just walk, whether mowing the lawn, grocery shopping or walking the mile from my office to the work parking lot.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 days: treadmill, recumbent bike, weights
    70044776.png
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I usually work out 5 days a week, although with 3 young kids a rest day is never really a proper rest :)

Sometimes I can't exercise. When my husband is on late shift and I'm at work until 5, then have to collect my kids straight after, I don't have chance. Luckily I only work part time. Good thing I'm a teacher and on my feet all day!