New here, looking for weight loss buddies!

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site, so I'm still trying to figure everything out, but I would like to have some weight loss buddies to help motivate me and me motivate you!

...this weight loss thing is hard!

Replies

• Joleane87
    Joleane87 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I am new too just joined today! I am going to start my 30 day shred tonight. I am very serious about losing weight!
  • beckyann858
    beckyann858 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm still fairly new myself and always looking for more folks to add to my little support group! Feel free to add me.

.....and yes, it is hard, but totally doable :-)
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be difficult - we are all trying to learn something we missed learning - how to let food be fuel and not a master.

Consistency and honesty are the key. Don't be afraid to let it all out. It's not an endurance race where you feel awful all the time. It should be something you can look forward to, seeing the results of your hard work.

You'll get LOTS of advice from people. Here's mine: just be reasonable. If you got to where you are through a combination of too much food and not enough exercise, the key thing is going to be to re-learn how to eat and how to exercise. IMO, there is no quick fix, and it's not a temporary thing. It really is a lifestyle thing. If we're greatly overweight and underexercised, 1-2 pounds a week might be reasonable, but it's not easy losing a pound a week if we're close to our target.

This is not about failure or condemnation or shame or "you could do better if you tried." (Like we've never tried before?) This is about support and encouragement and "just pick yourself up if you fall and keep going."

Good luck. And welcome.
  • whitpsyd
    whitpsyd Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm new too! I've got a ways to go, but so far, this has really helped!