I am not able to control my diet! Help me

Options
TahaDemure
TahaDemure Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Everyday i decide to have controlled diet, i start the day with lite breakfast usually Tea & Biscuits.

During the lunch i decide to eat limited amount then i go to the kitchen, grab my lunch in small portion but as i start eating i get more portions from the kitchen. I crave for more, i couldn't stop myself then after finishing lunch.

At dinner time, i sometimes decide not to eat but midnight i just feel hungry eat more than lunch!! If i eat a small portion at dinner i feel hungry again before sleeping.

I don't know how to stop myself from doing this, help me. Today i realize i am addicted to this like someone get addicted to smoking or alcohol. Everybody tell them don't smoke or drink but no one tells me to stop eating instead in my family everyone gives me more, i can't control from that :(

Replies

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Try eating a substantial breakfast so you aren't starving by lunchtime. Starvation leads to binging. Eat often enough that you don't get crazy hungry. Don't skip meals. Try planning your menu ahead of time for a day or two and see if it goes better.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Don't try to eat super light, you don't need to. You should be able to have say, three meals of *minimum* 500 cals each plus a snack or two.

Have good, filling meals, and have snacks. Just make sure the totals work out to the number you need -- which will likely be 1600 or more without exercise, and more after you exercise.

Make sure you have MFP set up correctly. And if you need more calories, lower your goal a bit. Did you pick 2 lbs a week? Try 1.5 or 1, at least for now. Once you're feeling more comfortable, you can try 2 again if you want.

Don't try to create times you can't eat (eat at midnight, it's fine). Don't skip meals because you feel bad about eating earlier or overeating or anything. Don't try to eat the minimum, because you'll get that backlash of hard to control hunger later. Just eat normally, however and whenever you like, up to your daily calorie target (or a little over).
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Tea and biscuits are not enough for a 22 ? year old man for breakfast. Then you try and eat a small lunch? Try eating a good hearty breakfast with lots of protein. eggs, bacon, sausage (it can be even chicken or veggie sausage). put veggies in your eggs...
    I used to try and eat very small amounts during the day and by the time evening hit, I ate double what I should have in one day. The key is to not be hungry all day by eating appropriate amounts of nutrient dense foods.
    Do you count your calories? You don't have to eat small portions to lose weight. You just have to choose the right foods which will fill you up and allow you to reach your macros goal (like protein) without going over your calorie goal.
    By you skipping meals, you are hurting yourself. Trust me...I did it my whole life. Thought I was "good" all day so I ate a box of cheez-its at night. :/
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    How many calories to do net in a day? How accurate are you with your logging?
  • TahaDemure
    Options

1.5 is my goal but when i count for the whole day. It goes way up, more than 2500 cal
  • TahaDemure
    Options
    sprepej wrote: »
    Try eating a substantial breakfast so you aren't starving by lunchtime. Starvation leads to binging. Eat often enough that you don't get crazy hungry. Don't skip meals. Try planning your menu ahead of time for a day or two and see if it goes better.

I will do this, thanks
  • notfromarizona
    notfromarizona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Even a deficit of just 100 to 200 calories will add up over time. Try to ease into eating less, I remember when I started I was eating 1650 and I was struggling. Now I'm at 1200 (1400 if I exercise) and I find it way easier than I found the 1650 when I first started. It's just a matter or adjusting, keep trying every day! Eventually you'll get it and you won't want to stop because you'll be so happy with yourself! ALSO you can eat like POUNDS of vegetables for pretty few calories. Find one you like, mine is boiled spinach :smile:
  • TahaDemure
    Options
    Don't try to eat super light, you don't need to. You should be able to have say, three meals of *minimum* 500 cals each plus a snack or two.

Have good, filling meals, and have snacks. Just make sure the totals work out to the number you need -- which will likely be 1600 or more without exercise, and more after you exercise.

Make sure you have MFP set up correctly. And if you need more calories, lower your goal a bit. Did you pick 2 lbs a week? Try 1.5 or 1, at least for now. Once you're feeling more comfortable, you can try 2 again if you want.

Don't try to create times you can't eat (eat at midnight, it's fine). Don't skip meals because you feel bad about eating earlier or overeating or anything. Don't try to eat the minimum, because you'll get that backlash of hard to control hunger later. Just eat normally, however and whenever you like, up to your daily calorie target (or a little over).

Great tips, i will do it. My goal is at 1.5. I get exhausted so early when i exercise like in just 15 mins. I will limit meals 500 cals for three times day. Thanks for support
  • TahaDemure
    Options
    Tea and biscuits are not enough for a 22 ? year old man for breakfast. Then you try and eat a small lunch? Try eating a good hearty breakfast with lots of protein. eggs, bacon, sausage (it can be even chicken or veggie sausage). put veggies in your eggs...
    I used to try and eat very small amounts during the day and by the time evening hit, I ate double what I should have in one day. The key is to not be hungry all day by eating appropriate amounts of nutrient dense foods.
    Do you count your calories? You don't have to eat small portions to lose weight. You just have to choose the right foods which will fill you up and allow you to reach your macros goal (like protein) without going over your calorie goal.
    By you skipping meals, you are hurting yourself. Trust me...I did it my whole life. Thought I was "good" all day so I ate a box of cheez-its at night. :/

Great tips, here everybody eat lite at breakfast so i got into habit of that. I will try eating good hearty breakfast .Thanks for help
  • TahaDemure
    Options
    Even a deficit of just 100 to 200 calories will add up over time. Try to ease into eating less, I remember when I started I was eating 1650 and I was struggling. Now I'm at 1200 (1400 if I exercise) and I find it way easier than I found the 1650 when I first started. It's just a matter or adjusting, keep trying every day! Eventually you'll get it and you won't want to stop because you'll be so happy with yourself! ALSO you can eat like POUNDS of vegetables for pretty few calories. Find one you like, mine is boiled spinach :smile:

Inspirational, thanks for response
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    TahaDemure wrote: »

1.5 is my goal but when i count for the whole day. It goes way up, more than 2500 cal

Try eating more satiating foods during the day. High protein and high fat helps a lot of people stay full longer. Complex (slow-absorbing) carbs can make you feel full for a long time as well. Track the times of day you feel like eating the most and plan your meals around them. For example, I can't eat at all in the mornings but I like having a bedtime snack, so I divide my day's budget accordingly to make sure I only eat when I am actually hungry.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    TahaDemure wrote: »

Great tips, here everybody eat lite at breakfast so i got into habit of that. I will try eating good hearty breakfast .Thanks for help

If you like to eat a light breakfast, then move some of your breakfast calories to lunch. Then you can have a big lunch, but that's fine, you planned it that way.

Let's say you decide you can have 3 meals of 600 calories. You only eat 300 at breakfast though. So move 300 to lunch, and then you can have 900 at lunch. Or move it to dinner, or to a snack.

Lots of people are more hungry in the evenings, so they eat most of their calories then. That's fine! It only matters that you stick to your target. But when you see yourself behaving in ways you don't like, start looking for why. Like if you felt STARVING at lunch, was that because you had a light breakfast, or was it because you tried to eat a light lunch? Whichever was the cause, address that. Have a light breakfast and a hearty lunch if that works best for you. Or have a snack between. Or have a bigger breakfast and see if that helps. There's no one right way, there's just the right ways for YOU.

And do try to eat what MFP tells you to -- NOT under. It's a target, not a limit. So if you have 2500, eat 2500, not 1600 (or whatever).
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    sprepej wrote: »
    This x10!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    If you feel like its rather like addiction...you could try over eaters anonymous too among all the other suggestions.
    Some people develop a new healthier relationship with food