What's the best weightloss tip you have for someone who just

Options
2»

Replies

• corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Move.

If you think you are moving enough, move some more.
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Log everything. Don't put any food you like off limits, it'll be too tempting to have forbidden food, just learn to use moderation. Find an exercise you like and do it 5 times a week. Also, find real life friends to do this with; MFP is great, but my coworkers, friends, and spouse have all been working out and dieting with me which makes this a lot easier.
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    Bump..
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ...and I'm wondering what is the secret.

Never give up. There will be plenty of bumps in the road to discourage you or throw you off along the way, but never give up. Always press on toward the goal.

Aside from that...

- Take small steps. You can't lose it all at once.
    - Focus on your successes and what caused them. Repeat.
    - Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, or a bad day into a bad weekend, or a weekend into a week, or a week into a month. When you mess up (and you will), just get right back on track with the next meal.
    - Don't just lose weight. Figure out what caused you to gain weight and then make changes in your lifestyle to prevent it from happening again.
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Plan your foods ahead and journal them!!!
    Good luck to you.
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    treat your diet as a hobby, log everything, keep smiling, its working for me, good luck, add me as a friend if you want to

You know, I realized that I do this the other day. I really enjoy my hobby!