47 yrs old and premenopausal reversed my metabolism !

Help, I walk run jog weight train and eat clean but still gaining weight! Anyone else struggling as they hit 45 yrs and older?

Replies

• AeroelasticFlutter
    AeroelasticFlutter Posts: 4 Member
    It is physically impossible to gain non-water-weight while consuming at a deficit. You should make sure you're measuring portions accurately and logging consistently – get a kitchen scale! :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Hi Michelle, yes, menopause is amazing for some of us isn't it?

Join us here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group

Lots of great discussions there about the various issues we face.
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Hormones are crazy! I have been going through perimenopause for a few years now and it is a roller coaster. Have you had your blood work done yet? If not you might want to consider it.
  • MichelleMatt2015
    MichelleMatt2015 Posts: 2 Member
    I have had my blood done and nothing is out of wack. Just hormones and chemistry I guess.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    It is physically impossible to gain non-water-weight while consuming at a deficit. You should make sure you're measuring portions accurately and logging consistently – get a kitchen scale! :smile:

As a 20 year old male, I don't think you get the question. I believe the question is have any of us mid 40's ladies seen a drop in our maintenance calories due to pre-menopause that might take us out of a deficit.