Trying to find a diet that works for me

Omg! My name is Netta. Losing weight is so hard for me. I have tried so many diets and exercise programs but get so discouraged. I have had 3 children. The weight fell off so easily with the first two, but with the last one, it stuck to me. I had my baby 3 yrs ago and is the same weight right now that I was when I was 9 mos pregnant with him. I need help to drop this weight. If anyone have any suggestions, please let me know.

Replies

• Tamimarsaglia
    Tamimarsaglia Posts: 1 Member
    I also have tried every diet nothing worked until I tried the hcg diet. I started it a 1 1/2 years ago it took me 6 months to lose 82 lbs I've manage to keep it off for a year now it's the only diet that had ever worked for me . I've changed my life and eating habits and learned so much about myself and body
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    I don't diet. It's a life style change. Once I realized that there's no quick fixes, no magic pills, and no fads that actually work, I decided to just put in the hard work needed to lose weight.
    I learned portion control and moderation. I eat the foods that I love, (I've eaten cake, candy and whatever else I wanted daily and still lost all my weight) by using portion control. I weigh my foods on a food scale and log it here. Special diets, pills and all that stuff isn't necessary.
    You can do it too! Just stop thinking of this as a diet and start looking at it like a life style change.
  • mrsfrazier078
    mrsfrazier078 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi Tam, thanks. I heard of it but didn't try it. I truly want to lose at least 60-100 lbs.
  • mrsfrazier078
    Hi Thorsmom, thank you. I am trying to think of it this time as a lifestyle change. I purchase a scale but trying to figure out how to lose it.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Hi! I had to find a diet that works for me, too. Everyone's a little different. Mine is working for me! You can add me for encouragement, ideas and support!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    You do not have to change everything all at once. Spend one or two weeks paying attention to your food and logging it into the diary. After two weeks, analyze what you have been eating to see what foods you reduce/cut back on in order to meet the calorie goals.

• mrsfrazier078
    Hi Justygirl, I really appreciate it. I will add you.
  • mrsfrazier078
    Hi RodaRose, I will take your advice. I will take these 2 weeks and concentrate on what's going in my mouth but logging it and trying to make better choices. Thank you.
  • FreyaIsAFreak
    FreyaIsAFreak Posts: 21 Member
    I was very sceptical about the Military Diet that has been around for ages, but when I looked it up, I had a lot of the same foods in my cupboards so I thought I may as well try it out because it is similar to what I already eat. I didn't find myself starving or even hungry at all throughout the three days, and by the end of it, I'd lost 5lb with minimal excersize. I really reccomend it because it only lasts three days, and if you can't manage it, that's fine but I would seriously reccomend it because its scientifically proven to work!
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Eat less than you normally do. That's it.
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    It is a lifestyle change but you have to find your way of eating that is healthy yet satisfying so you don't go crazy thinking about food all day. I have that problem some days but mostly when crazy hormones are out of whack. Add me if you like but I like friends with open diary
  • mrsfrazier078
    Hi. I think you totally understand me ☺️
  • mrsfrazier078
    Will do Fearless. Thanks.
  • mrsfrazier078
    Hi FreyaIsAFreak, it's worth a try. I forgot about this. I did try it a few yrs ago and it does work. Thanks
  • KatiBo05
    KatiBo05 Posts: 13 Member
    I agree with everyone that it's a lifestyle change. I am currently pregnant for the second time and I never lost all the weight from my first pregnancy. I have decided that I need to get healthy for this baby and for myself! I've found that following a balance with my macro nutrients and logging things in MFP has really helped. I lost 9 pounds in the last two weeks. My goal wasn't to lose weight, but just to eat healthy and I have so much more energy! I'd love to share more of what I've been doing. Feel free to send me a message or friend request for more info and encouragement! =)
  • mrsfrazier078
    Hi Kati, congrats on baby #2. You are doing awesome with the healthy eating. I'm trying to clean it a bit more everyday. My hubby and the kids created "Fun Food Friday" & "Finger Food Saturday", so this weekend have been a prepping one. thanks for the support.
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    I was very sceptical about the Military Diet that has been around for ages, but when I looked it up, I had a lot of the same foods in my cupboards so I thought I may as well try it out because it is similar to what I already eat. I didn't find myself starving or even hungry at all throughout the three days, and by the end of it, I'd lost 5lb with minimal excersize. I really reccomend it because it only lasts three days, and if you can't manage it, that's fine but I would seriously reccomend it because its scientifically proven to work!

Thanks for your feedback about the military diet. I just started it today. Had breakfast and lunch, and I'm not even hungry. :)

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    I'm tried just about every 'diet' I thought I could actually stick to. Finally, my MD put me on a 'medical weight loss program' and while my caloric intake is low, I don't feel hungry. If you call yourself 'dieting' you are setting yourself up to fail. I know I did. When I was on a 'diet' I craved things that were not good for me. Right now I am on 2 protein shakes and 1 snack bar/chips and between meals I drink "Sparkling ICE" water (17 oz.) and for the other meal I try to eat heavy and keep my meal 550 calories or lower. I was surprised at how much you can really have once you cut out fats and sugars; but, still have to have my coffee with sugar. I was also given a meal plan that has filled me (and my husband) up. I know when I get to my goal, it will be a life-style change for me and I will have to cook differently than I have in the past. MFP helps me keep up with my caloric intake; and if I am planning on going out to eat . . . I enter what I 'think' I might order and adjust accordingly. Usually, I will order something and cut it in half and only eat half and take the rest home for a later meal the next day or two. I've lost 7lbs in 2 weeks and I am a week away from my weigh-in; I do not weigh on my scales at home because they never weigh correctly and they are as much as 5lb off depending on when you step on them. I'd throw them out if it were not for my husband. My D-n-L lost 9lbs on that Military Diet and when she went off it she gained it all back. I do exercise like walking on a treadmill, crunches, hula hooping, and walking in the pool for at least 30 minutes.
  • lindsaymbelow
    lindsaymbelow Posts: 1 Member
    I did the HCG diet ( I am currently entering phase 3 of the diet "the maintenance phase"). It is not easy, but it is worth it. I started this diet at 155 pounds ( I am 5'3) and on my last weigh in day I was at 130 pounds. This took only 43 days!!! It really teaches you to change your eating habits and start eating clean and living a healthy lifestyle. I would highly recommend it!
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2015
    I don't follow any 'diet plan'. High protein, high fiber. This is what I check for. I don't drink any calories. I don't buy anything that has over 10% fat. Veggies and fiber cereal are my best friends. I also eat them with my fingers instead of shoveling them in my mouth with a spoon. It takes longer to eat, you have more volume to eat... feeling deprived is one thing I never feel and I'm eating 1200 calories a day.