Attractive training outfits for women? Where from? (UK)

Options
Hi peeps, hope you're all doing great.

Im looking for some really nice gym wear. Flattering, a bit sexy, nice matching sets, ya know?

I've seen some amazing fitness gear on US websites, particularly Brazilian styles, but i cant find anything like that at all here in the UK.

Any cool websites i could take a look at? Theres got to be some gorgeous gym outfits sold somewhere in the UK, surely? I dont mind if theyre aimed more at dance/zumba/yoga, whatever, as long as theyre suitable for cardio/gym too.

Im particularly thinking of 3/4 capri leggings, sports bra/crop-top and vest, all in interesting matching designs?

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the UK, but I like Under Armour or Zella brand from Nordstrom, not sure if you can get either of those there.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    @Jennloella - Thanks, but unfortunately we dont have Nordstrom here :(
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    That sounds awful!! Are you able to even order from them or from UA?
  • CoconuttyMummy
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Haha, yeah, im a makeup addict too and Nordstrom is always being recommended for high-end beauty products not available in the UK. I dont think they ship to UK, but if they did im guessing it would be prohibitively expensive. :( I'll go check it out though, just incase.

What's UA?

edited to add: Oops, i see, UA is Under Armour, duhh! I'll check those out too. Not getting my hopes up though.

• Becky_charles29
    Becky_charles29 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Try celeb boutique, vain train, Fabletics or Iron Candi for some funkier pieces. Some bits are a bit pricey. USA Pro have a new range too in Sports Direct...I got an amazing bra-top and Capri in bright orange!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    Options
    @Jennloella - Under Armour do have a UK website. I just checked and nothing catches my eye. It looks like good quality, functional gym wear but im looking for something a bit sexy, ya know? Or an interesting design, cute cut or fancy looking set. Something special. (Like me! Im very, err, 'special'!!!)

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Fabletics do some lovely stuff. I also saw some really nice stuff on the George (as in Asda!) website the other day. I don't know what the quality is like but it looked nice. Also, the dreaded Sports Direct, they stock Puma and another brand that escapes me right now who do some really funky bits and pieces. I'm holding off on the very cool stuff until I lose a bit more weight, then I'll splash out. No-one sees my gym gear anyway as I workout at home.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    Options
    Try celeb boutique, vain train, Fabletics or Iron Candi for some funkier pieces. Some bits are a bit pricey. USA Pro have a new range too in Sports Direct...I got an amazing bra-top and Capri in bright orange!

Great! Thanks so much, i'll go and check these out. x

• CoconuttyMummy
    Options
    Fabletics do some lovely stuff. I also saw some really nice stuff on the George (as in Asda!) website the other day. I don't know what the quality is like but it looked nice. Also, the dreaded Sports Direct, they stock Puma and another brand that escapes me right now who do some really funky bits and pieces. I'm holding off on the very cool stuff until I lose a bit more weight, then I'll splash out. No-one sees my gym gear anyway as I workout at home.

Ooh go on, treat yourself! Every woman deserves to feel pretty, even if its home alone!

I havent been to Sports Direct for a while, so i'll check those out if im passing. Im more of an online shopper tbh though - i hate crowds.

Fabletics stuff looks good, i'll have a closer look, thanks. x

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Ooh go on, treat yourself! Every woman deserves to feel pretty, even if its home alone!

I havent been to Sports Direct for a while, so i'll check those out if im passing. Im more of an online shopper tbh though - i hate crowds.

I've heard good stuff Fabletics about the quality but I did read a comment in a thread here where the person complained about trying to cancel their subscription to the service from the UK. Apparently you have to call them and the call costs you.
    I believe you can order without signing up for the subscription service but I'd double check.
  • hungrykell
    hungrykell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try Lorna Jane! Super cute gear.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Actually, I'd order online from Sports Direct, much much better range than in store and much less depressing.

And don't you worry, I make myself feel pretty, off buying new vintage jewellery today!
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Sweaty Betty? Some real cute if slightly useless gym wear.

Marks has a unexpectedly low cut fitted range of sports wear and sells push up sports bras. H&m has a good selection of unusual cut tops and shorts in their active range if your on a budget. Golddigger has some good sports wear too, not the most functional but it does look good.

I was not impressed with fabletics at all. Hard to cancel and useless bras.

I'll second sports direct online! Love that site it's so cheap!

• mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Just ordered from fabletic, looks cute if you are model shaped, large busts make things hang differently and the material is very thin though very comfy, slightly overpriced.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    What about LuLuLemon? I've never bought anything from there myself, but one of my friends loves it. I'm not sure where their shop is, might just be one in London.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Not sure about their status in the UK, but here both Lululemon and Inknburn come to mind. Even Nike and other major brands have coordinated lines now.

• Becky_charles29
    Becky_charles29 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'd also agree with Nike...I love their running leggings! The ones I want are £80 so I'm using them as a target purchase when I get to my goal weight
  • danielles19862015
    danielles19862015 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    www.activeinstyle.co.uk :)
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Needed some places to look at so I can buy the workout outfits that I have on my Pinterest account!

Although a bit hit and miss, you can get some good stuff in tkmaxx. Picked up some cute under armour sports bras for £10 a few weeks back.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Have you tried Sweaty Betty? Some real cute if slightly useless gym wear.

Useless?

Can't say that I've found anything of theirs useless apart from the odd piece that is obviously more "relaxed fashion" rather than functional gymwear (cowl necks, dresses, general beach wear etc)... What is it that you find useless about their gear?

Personally I like their stuff.