3 day military diet lose 10lbs in 3 days??

Options
I just this article for a three day military diet and its where they lay out a strict diet plan with a list of foods u eat for 3 days and supposedly you lose 10lbs in 3 days

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's absolute complete and utter drivel

An appalling manipulation of water weight through a very low calorie diet, with ridiculous food restrictions that has nothing to do with the military

Use the search function

Oh and grab a hard hat, this thread may get a bit rough
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I can lose 20 lbs in three days if I wanted. 90% of it will just be water and glycogen though and I will only be bombing my energy levels and screwing myself over and so will you.

The only kind of diet you want to be looking at is the one that puts you in a sustainable caloric deficit. Trust me, back when I first started this years ago when I was fat, I looked and even attempted the kinds of crazy diets your referring to. They do not work. None of them.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    The foods on the list are not magical, it's just a very low calorie diet and you may lose 10 pounds but as soon as you go back to eating "normal" it will all come back.......unless you plan on eating from the list of foods for the rest of your life. :D
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true ..........................
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Jonestiarra2013 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thabks for the advice yall, its very much appreciated Im just so desperate to get thus weight off :'( but im doing well just simply cutting my food portions in half and working out, I think I will stay away from this .
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Options
    The foods on the list are not magical, it's just a very low calorie diet and you may lose 10 pounds but as soon as you go back to eating "normal" it will all come back.......unless you plan on eating from the list of foods for the rest of your life. :D

Hell no lol
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It's absolute complete and utter drivel

An appalling manipulation of water weight through a very low calorie diet, with ridiculous food restrictions that has nothing to do with the military

Use the search function

Oh and grab a hard hat, this thread may get a bit rough

I figured it was too good to be true I just wanted to see if anyone tried it, why do you say this thread, may get rough.?
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Options
    I just this article for a three day military diet and its where they lay out a strict diet plan with a list of foods u eat for 3 days and supposedly you lose 10lbs in 3 days I just want to know if anyone has tried it

• stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Thabks for the advice yall, its very much appreciated Im just so desperate to get thus weight off :'( but im doing well just simply cutting my food portions in half and working out, I think I will stay away from this .
    I completely understand. It would be lovely to drop 10-15 pounds a week. ;)
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. It would be lovely to drop 10-15 pounds a week. ;)

ha yea, my cutting phases would last like two weeks instead of 4ish months. That would be the nuts.

• chelsmaee7
    chelsmaee7 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This should be one of the topics that stays at the top with how often people ask about it. I did actually try it though.. I didn't even make it through the first day before I gave up because I was starving and crabby. I'm sure people have results with it but not lasting results. I find that just eating at a deficit with a small increase to overall daily activity is much more realistic to maintain over the long term. The results aren't as fast but they last!!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Unless you also managed to *gain* 10 lbs in three days, losing it that fast doesn't make much sense, does it? ;)
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options

Give it time. You did not gain the weight over night so you can not realisticly loose it over night. It takes the changing of habits and a change in thinking. But do not be down on yourself. With time and persistance you will be amazed by your results.
  • LdyJedi
    LdyJedi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady weight loss is the healthiest way to go. You'll get there!
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Threads like this usually get rough because the premise of fad diets is not a welcome addition here lol
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your decided against doing this op. You'll thank yourself one day. It's a set up for failure. Any weight you would've lost, would just come right back anyway after you resumed your normal eating so it's not worth it. Slow and steady wins the race!! You'll get there, it can be done the healthy way :-)
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    Threads like this usually get rough because the premise of fad diets is not a welcome addition here lol

True, but this one might not get too rough because the OP was reasonable and understanding. The ones that get rough are the ones where the OP asks for opinions about [insert fad diet here] and then gets all defensive when people say it doesn't work.

Of course, we may have some random people stop in and say, "OMG, it like, totally works! I lost 20 lbs and have kept it off for three whole days! Message me!"

Then it'll get fun. ;)
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

True, but this one might not get too rough because the OP was reasonable and understanding. The ones that get rough are the ones where the OP asks for opinions about [insert fad diet here] and then gets all defensive when people say it doesn't work.

Let's hope so. OP... I know it blows having to calorie count when you are desperate to lose a large amount of weight but trust me, in the long run... it is SO much better doing it the right way. I've worn the T Shirt with fad diets far too many times and I am so pleased I finally woke up and realised it's a marathon not a sprint. Utilise MFP and I promise you, it will come off at a steady and healthy way and will be so much more sustainable. :)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lets do the math: to burn one pound of fat requires about 3500 calories, that's a round number, but easy to work with.
    That means for each pound you burn 3500 more than you take in, times ten pounds is about 35,000 calorie deficit. Most people work at 500 calories deficit per day. If that person is consistent and honest, they could see a 35,000 calorie loss in 70 days of healthy eating and exercise.
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am on day one of the military diet. I'm using this to jumpstart my weight loss. As I plan on following a low calorie diet for a long period of time, I think will be okay. I mean, it's a reasonable amount of food. Not too much, not too little. I plan on working out as well. I have about 20 pounds to lose.