Replies

• cbroadaway2
    Options
    Me too! I'm going to add you.
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    What, people are like that on here?

Anyone who acts like that needs to pull the stick out of their *kitten*.

;0)x
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Since when is calling someone an *kitten* or a jack wagon not mean?

Jack wagon? Never heard that one before. I like it!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It is on you, you make the choices for yourself. Why do you need a cheerleader?

If it's on you, what are you doing here? Why don't you just do it by yourself? If you don't need community (aka "cheerleaders"), LEAVE.
  • rebbiebear
    Options
    I readily admit I see many people on MFP looking for shortcuts or some magic bullet, neither of which exists...

Well... you're not entirely right there. There is a magic bullet. :blushing:

And I have a feeling she isn't talking about the mini blender.

Well, in the nursing world the "Magic Bullet" is a little medication you squirt into someone's rectum to make them poop. So considering all the drama maybe quite a few people here have been using the "Magic Bullet"! :laugh:
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options

because it helps some people to be friendly and supportive
  • bethlaham444
    Options
    i'm new on here, and don't have many friends, but i'm keen to start, i've been quite amazed at the support i've recieved through tumblr and obviously, my friends & family, but I'm super keen to encourage others & also keep myself motivated!

so if you see this message, add me, i promise i'm super friendly ^_^ :heart:
  • SweetPea120
    Options

I think cheerleaders are awesome, but more than that my friends on MFP and I support one another and help each other with ACCOUNTABILITY. Accountability makes every challenge a little easier and helps you to be HONEST. Many unfit, overweight people (myself included) have spent a lifetime being dishonest to themselves and others. I'm glad I have my support team in place.

And besides, if someone needs or wants a cheerleader....so what! We're all different. Isn't that great!
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've seen that too. People making jokes about those of us that need a little motivation. I understand that it is on me to do the work, but what's wrong with lifting others up and helping each other on their journey. We all need a push once in a while. Feel free to add me. There are no prerequisites required. :))
  • megleo818
    Options
    What is a dilhole? An a-hole I get..but a dilhole? Does it involve pickles? Can I deep fry them? Hmm..

Such a good question! I always assumed a dillhole was a place to put your pickle, so to speak. But I've never sought confirmation ...
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I think we all just need to surround ourselves with the friends that work for us..If you need to hear "good job", "way to go" there are people that will do that..Others will tell you that even if you really didn't do as great of a job..others aren't as nurturing but inspire with their weight losses, reaching goals, etc..calling people names really isn't going to solve anything..if you think someone is "mean"...then don't be friends with them..
    The end
    :)
  • Tinamwalters
    Tinamwalters Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hahaha. SMH.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I think most of us are looking for friends, not "cheerleaders" I have lots of friends, I am not their friend because I expect them to MOTIVATE me, but they do often INSPIRE me. I do find the forums to be combative many days and omg, don't use the word "motivate" especially it seems to be the new, get your a** jumped and called every thing in the book. Lol, ignore them, get a good circle and then bugout of the forums, they just aren't worth the aggravation.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I readily admit I see many people on MFP looking for shortcuts or some magic bullet, neither of which exists...

Well, in the nursing world the "Magic Bullet" is a little medication you squirt into someone's rectum to make them poop. So considering all the drama maybe quite a few people here have been using the "Magic Bullet"! :laugh:

definitely just spit out my drink..yeah..I work in a nursing home :)
  • megleo818
    Options
    I've seen that too. People making jokes about those of us that need a little motivation. I understand that it is on me to do the work, but what's wrong with lifting others up and helping each other on their journey. We all need a push once in a while. Feel free to add me. There are no prerequisites required. :))

Amen, sister. What's the point of being part of a group if you can't lean on that group when you're feeling low? -- Look at the Olympics, for crying out loud! Those athletes depend upon each other to keep them going when they hit the wall -- how much more do we mere mortals need a place to ask for help and guidance and support when we fall? Honestly, I think all the folks who feel compelled to frown upon the lowly (yeah, me included) here on MFP should find themselves another place to congregate were everyone is always strong, confident, self-sufficient and successful. They'd save themselves a lot of time in posting snarky replies.
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are correct, motivation must come from within but don't discount the motivation and support of others. It can help in some of our weaker moments. Thx
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I'm laughing so hard I woke my kid up!!

And for the record, I rather enjoy out new jackwagon term!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

If it's on you, what are you doing here? Why don't you just do it by yourself? If you don't need community (aka "cheerleaders"), LEAVE.

It is on me! I have the friends I have , because I liked what they had to say and wanted to hear more. I have friends that like what I have to say and want to hear more as well. I don't need or want my hand held in my weight loss journey. I want to learn about nutrition and what works for me. This is why I don't care for WW you dont learn all you know is points. Please you dont have to be a bully with your childish LEAVE coment!
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Don't even get me started on the ridiculously rude people on this site!
    There are some good people here... don't get me wrong! But... its sad to say, you come to a fitness site, expecting support, and almost have to fight for it like its your last meal. lol... no joke!

I agree.
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of friends already. I come on here mainly to learn from other peoples experiences and know-how. But I am always open to new friends.