Some people are just plain MEAN :(

Options
I am saddened by the whole, "motivate yourself, don't add me as a friend because it's on you" attitude around here. The friends I have are AWESOME! I love the few MFPs I do have. I'm afraid to add ppl so if you're friendly and need a little extra motivation or someone to share your accomplishments with, that's me. Feel free to add me.

:)

Venting Over...

Replies

• virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    now i feel bad for laughing at that post =(
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yeah. You'll find ****s everywhere you look. But there aren't always people like that.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    What, people are like that on here?

Anyone who acts like that needs to pull the stick out of their *kitten*.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    What, people are like that on here?

Anyone who acts like that needs to pull the stick out of their *kitten*.

I agree with you...unsupportive and mean people like that should keep to themselves. Supportive people rock!
  • Sierramist
    Options
    I feel you,I find the same problem for a year I've been here and I never talked with anyone,its like a party that no one talks to you,you sit in the corner eating alone and when you had enough you go home....lol I log in,put in my meals and exercises and I leave,it would be nice to challege myself with someone but either way I'm doing this..
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    haha. sure add me.
  • rhoyalenigma
    Options
    Everyone I met on here so far has been really supportive... I ran out of my allotted 25 requests I can send today but I am always open to new supportive people! Feel free to add me!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    It is on you, you make the choices for yourself. Why do you need a cheerleader?
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel some days!!! It's ok!! feel free to add me. I actually like to communicate with people via MFp though and vice versa, ;-) not just add people for the sake of adding people, you know!? Good luck!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    inspiration is different from motivation. motivation comes from within.
  • almostfortysix
    Options
    PLease add me. I don't judge or talk politics. We all need motivation or we wouldn't be on here.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Don't be disheartened, there are some great people on here you just haven't met them yet. if you want fell free to add me always open to meeting new friends.
  • avrilamor
    Options

I don't... You missed the point of the thread. I enjoy FRIENDLY people! I don't need a cheerleader as I am not a FOOTBALL TEAM!

(see what I mean...)
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agaree there some just plain mean people on MFP, they are not here to support but to brag. on the other hand. I have awesome and supportive friends and I love them. feel free to add me. I love to help motivate and inspire others and I love people who do the same for me. whether it is encouraging me to do that last set of push ups I don't want to do or helping me not freak out over a scale that won't budge after I have worked so hard. .
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have not run into the MEAN people here yet. I have a small group of friends here who cheer me on and who I cheer on daily. I HAD to initially make the final decision to lose this weight, no one could do that for me. Maybe that is what they meant by "It's On You" although I could be wrong. At any rate, you can add me as your friend and I will support you 100%!
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

No one needs a cheerleader, but it's good to have a support system and a little sympathy.

I'm sorry you're getting these replies from people. Dieting is not a trivial thing, and the support I've had has really made the difference. Be indifferent to these selfish people and keep looking for the supportive people.
  • kimberlyhaddix
    Options
    I know what you mean.!!! Please feel free to add me I love meeting new friends and I try to be encouraging. :smile:
  • avrilamor
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that wasn't a a**hole! :) I enjoy talking and swapping stories with ppl here. Not looking for a "cheerleader" (smart as*) but I'm just a people person. They're definitely more nice ppl here than not... :)
  • mizzesberry
    mizzesberry Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow, some ppl.. :( SMH. I WILL PROUDLY BE PART OF ANYONES SUPPORT TEAM!!!