What do you eat in a typical day?

Options
I'm getting bored with my meals, looking for some ideas.

Replies

• maria76l
    maria76l Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hard question for me as no 2 days are the same for me, breakfast is anything from smoothies, porridge oats, muesli or eggs. Lunch can be a sandwich made with soya bread with tuna or ham or sometimes soup. Dinner is always different but generally lean meat or fish with veg, sweet potatoes. I do have brown rice or wholemeal pasta at times but i try and have low carbs so they are maybe eaton once a week.
    Sorry i can't help further.
  • intangiblemango
    intangiblemango Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would recommend adding some friends who have open food diaries and creeping on them. :)
  • GymBunnySally
    GymBunnySally Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Kyla, it would be helpful if you outlined your typical food day; what are you currently eating for breakfast or lunch?
  • lisahenneberry83
    lisahenneberry83 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would recommend adding some friends who have open food diaries and creeping on them. :)

haha...that's what I was thinking lol
  • Kyla_Nicole
    Kyla_Nicole Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Kyla, it would be helpful if you outlined your typical food day; what are you currently eating for breakfast or lunch?
    For breakfast I usually eat a poached egg on toast or oatmeal and for lunch it's pretty much always a sandwich of some sort...tuna, turkey, etc. :)
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Usually 2 hard boiled eggs and an apple for breakfast. 2 scoops of whey after my workout. Skinless baked chicken breast with veggies (sweet peppers, cucumbers, celery, brocoli etc). I'm usually pretty stuffed and can't finish my lunch, so I'll have the left overs dinner and have another apple or something. If I don't have chicken, then I'll eat bison or fish.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I eat alot of different stuff. Depending on my mood
    Some days its hard boiled eggs. Other days an oikos greek yogurt and a banana.
    Some days i eat later and have chciken salad on 1 slice of bread.
    Scrambled eggs with mushrooms light cheese and spinach is yummy too
    If i have no time i usually grab a high protein bar and coffee and go
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is almost always cereal (raisin bran or cheerios) with whole milk and some kind of fruit.

Lunch is leftovers from dinner. Occasionally I get some deli meats and have wraps.

Diner is a wildcard. Usually cooked at home and can be a wide variety of things. Usually home cooked but this week I've had Pizza and tonight Chinese.

Snacks rotate though various kinds of chocolate, ice cream, popcorn, pickles, cucumber slices, gummy bears, cheesecake.... the list is long. z

Food is never boring in my world.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    whatever i want as long as i can make it fit in my calories....and if i want something bad enough, i can make most anything fit. LOL
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I eat foods I personally enjoy, that I can afford, and cook well. It's really that simple.

Focus on a rich variety of whole, minimally processed foods and you can't go wrong. And don't think that carbs and fat are the bad guys like the media tells you.
  • becca_maee
    becca_maee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is either Cheerios with 2% milk, a smoothie with Greek yogurt and frozen fruit, a piece of fruit or a yogurt

Lunch is a salad or wrap with either tuna or deli turkey

Supper is usually 2 veggies and a meat in the crockpot

Kinda boring but I've lost 10 lbs lol

• hunniebunn
    hunniebunn Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My diet was given to me in order to cut fat and increase lean muscle.
    I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks through the day, along with 3-4L of water

Breakfast is 2 scoops of optimum nutrition extreme milk chocolate protein powder (1 scoop if I decide to have peanut butter)

AM snack is usually carrots & hummus (or no salt pita crackers)

Lunch is either tilapia/halibut with spinach or boneless/skinless chicken breast with quinoa pasta salad. Always using Mrs. Dash to season or herbs & spices such as paprika, garlic, pepper, chilli flakes, rosemary

PM snack is another shake

Dinner is chicken or steak, marinated with the spices from lunch, and 3oz of sweet potato wedges
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Well, since I'm weird and sometimes eat breakfast foods for dinner and lunch foods for breakfast, my usual menu includes some of these in no particular order: all kinds of dairy (including a cup of buttermilk for a snack), all kinds of grain (including weirder ones like buckwheat), all kinds of beans and legumes, all kinds of pasta, rice, all kinds of vegetables that I can easily buy and a lot of them, a lot of fruits, chicken breast, fish (including canned tuna), some form of bread, whole fat cheese, all kinds of teas, nuts and seeds. Basically everything.

Yesterday for example I had a lazy day and did not feel like cooking:
    Breakfast: egg salad and a bowl of tzatziki
    Lunch: instant noodles and a greek yogurt sandwich
    Dinner: Kidney beans with tomatoes followed by watermelon
    Snacks: I felt like having something chocolatey so I had a chocolate protein shake, I also had flavored yogurt and some pumpkin seeds. I also had tomatoes at almost every meal and snack.