I wanna be fit not fat!!

Options
hi I'm Rachel.
I'm a Mommy of 3 and I really need to shift this weight. I wanna lose 3/4 stone!!! It's so hard cuz I love food sooooo much.

I hope to hear from some fellow dieters out there. Maybe we can give each other support ☺️

Replies

• KristinaGehrum11
    KristinaGehrum11 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mommy of 5. I am an emotional eater. Lol so I have put on quite a bit of weight over the years. My baby is 4 months old and my oldest is 12 so its now or never.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel, I'm also a mum of 3. My youngest has just turned 1. I got really thin and fit after my 2nd, and I'm hoping to get back there soon! I've lost a lot already but ideally I'd like to lose 1.5-2 stone more.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I love food as well, I am not looking at this as a diet, but a lifestyle change, I am changing the way I think, cook and shop for food. I love fruits and veggies and I love to look up recipes and make my own. I am down 33 lbs, still have a long way to go, but I will get there, good luck on your journey, I wish you much success.
  • pacovsky99
    pacovsky99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 and love food!! It's tough getting motivated but the summer makes you get motivated that's forsure! I have 65 lbs to lose, I used to be in great shape and let food and stress take over. Wishing you luck!
  • mrsjosephinehall
    mrsjosephinehall Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Josephine, mum of 3. Two weeks in to my "lifestyle change" it's blumming tough. 50 ish lbs to loose! Nice to meet others doing the same.
  • xquisiteluv
    xquisiteluv Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    SW 250
    CW 212
    GW 150
    want to lose about 50 60lbs myself looking for motivation and friends feel free to add me my name is Luekisha I'm from NJ btw...With the support and encouragement from others we all can do this!! Stay blessed everyone! :)
  • 11Adams11wife11
    11Adams11wife11 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies! I've been on this app for 5 days and only found out last night that you can interact with other people! This is brilliant ☺️

I'm also not on a diet, I think it's harder if you stick to a diet and don't allow yourself a treat here and there (especially when the kids have stressed you out lol) I've got rid of all the rubbish in our house and made sure I've always got carrots or strawberries to snack on instead of chocolate and crisps...... Just need to break the habit of eating "crap"

Good luck to you all. Feel free to add me if you want (cuz I don't know how you do it)
  • 1Jillybean1
    1Jillybean1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two teen boys. Finding by leaving a relationship alone I'm losing the wait now to watch my calories to get back to the size I'm used to. I think having support may help.
  • 11Adams11wife11
    Options
    Do you guys just calorie count or do you also exercise?
  • dyingtobeskinnyagain
    dyingtobeskinnyagain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I calorie count and exercise. I did a boxing class with my niece on Thursday and boy do I hurt today. It was brilliant fun.
  • 11Adams11wife11
    Options
    I have a 30 day ab challenge app on my phone, I'm on day 5 and it's made my stomach muscles hurt!! :-) on the plus side I can now do 12 sit ups in a row instead of 4 when I first started lol
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @11Adams11wife11 All weight loss begins in the kitchen. Having said that, there is no need to deny yourself anything that is in your current diet. It begins with choosing an activity level here on MFP. It will give you a daily calorie goal along with a minimum activity level to try and meet.

Your ab challenge is a good start. There are also apps for push up challenges and other exercises. It does not take a gym membership or weights of any kind to strengthen your body. The point is to do something and stick with it. If you want you can even add cardio to your routine simply by taking you and all the kids on a walk around your block or local park. It will be good for them and for you. Where you go from here and how far you want to take transforming your body is totally up to you.

Good Luck!
  • ILuvToGarden
    ILuvToGarden Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have used MFP in the past but had no idea all the changes and updates they have made, its wonderful and a great support. I am looking for support, but only want friends who are willing to be transparent with their food diary information. I feel this is a way I can grow and gain knowledge insight and ideas into how I can continue with my own weightloss goals. So feel free to add me as a friend if you fit that description. My diary is a open book to you as well.
  • chadr74
    chadr74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies! I've been on this app for 5 days and only found out last night that you can interact with other people! This is brilliant ☺️

I'm also not on a diet, I think it's harder if you stick to a diet and don't allow yourself a treat here and there (especially when the kids have stressed you out lol) I've got rid of all the rubbish in our house and made sure I've always got carrots or strawberries to snack on instead of chocolate and crisps...... Just need to break the habit of eating "crap"

Good luck to you all. Feel free to add me if you want (cuz I don't know how you do it)

Totally understand got two kids myself and it is hard to eat clean when eating junk and fast food is so convenient. How did family handle getting rid of junk food and what is a stone? I have seen that a lot and assuming that is a different measurement for weight.
  • 11Adams11wife11
    Options
    chadr74 wrote: »

Totally understand got two kids myself and it is hard to eat clean when eating junk and fast food is so convenient. How did family handle getting rid of junk food and what is a stone? I have seen that a lot and assuming that is a different measurement for weight.

My family especially my children eat healthily. A treat to them is some raisins or grapes. So they haven't missed out on anything. The only "junk" they eat is crisps in their lunch box at school.
    A stone is 14lbs. :smile:
  • 11Adams11wife11
    Options
    @DesertGunR thanks so much :smile:
    This app is amazing!
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @11Adams11wife11 You're welcome, enjoy your journey B)
  • 11Adams11wife11
    Options
    DesertGunR wrote: »
    @11Adams11wife11 You're welcome, enjoy your journey B)

Thank you. You too :-)
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    welcome. i am a mom of 3 teens [well youngest is 12 but they're not little anymore]. totally understand your struggle. weight training as we age becomes more important to replace the fat that wants to stay and grow. I am in my 40s and got fit in my 30s through clean eating and weight training/cardio ...started struggling when i hit 39-40 and have slowly gotten fat despite working out regularly...oy. at 44 i am back at it. but it is diet and exercise not one or the other [in my case at least]. best of luck!
  • 11Adams11wife11
    Options
    Thanks and good luck to you too :-)