Mamas...

Options
Anybody else here a mom trying to get rid of that awful little deflated belly saggy pooch thing left from having your baby? I have a 6 month old daughter. I just started dieting/excersizing about a month ago, I've lost 10 lbs
I'm 20, 5'0, currently 119 lbs and goal weight is pre pregnancy weight which was 105. If I could find either some moms or someone with stats like mine that'd be awesome :)

Replies

• UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Im a mom too. Im expecting my second next week!! I would love another mommy friend to work on our health and fitness together!
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum to 3. I've had saggy belly problems since I carried a lot of water with my first daughter. Midwife actually told me I'd probably never get rid of the sag! Nice eh?! I lost all my pregnancy weight doing weight watchers a few years ago but gained it all back again due to health problems.

You're doing really well to have lost 10lbs already! Keep it up!
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Me too. I got it after my second. I see it sags when I suck it in so I almost want to stay fat lol! I'm sure building muscle will help.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Wow id love to be 119. And 20! :p but great job girlie. My stats are nowhere near yours as I hace lots more to lose! My son is 1 now! And I have lost 20 so far:) about 80 to go.
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom to a six week old little girl. I just got the go ahead from my doctor this week to get back into working out, so here I am. I have 30lbs of pregnancy weight to lose (gained 60 total by the end of the pregnancy... too much carb loading!), and a lot of ground to make up in my fitness. I know it will take a lot of time for my body to get back to anything resembling normal, but I definitely have a belly "flap" of skin and fat that's driving me nuts and I'm hoping I can try to tighten that up. There's not much I can do about stretchmarks and that weird puckered look to my skin, but I need to at least be able to fit into some of my clothes again, because I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe!
  • jcurrie17
    jcurrie17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, all c-sections, with the youngest having just turned 1. I've been working for the last 3 weeks on losing the baby weight finally. I'm already down 7 pounds! I am combining weight watchers with MFP and its working really well. I would like to reduce my flabby belly but I have no expectations of it being gone completely.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Great job losing the 20lvs. My son is 16 mo this and I'm still trying to get to pre preggo weight of 155 but goal really is 125lbs. I'm 5'2" and 160 right now.

Just keep it up you're doing great
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey!!
    mama here 5'0, 125, wanting to be 105.

Super close :) I've also lost 10 pounds so far.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids and part of it is that you just have to give your body time to recuperate.
  • send2sharon
    send2sharon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Take one day at a time, keep active- whether it's at the park, a dance, house work, walk to the shop.... Just keep moving, don't stop and you'll be surprised what difference it makes!