Lost 50 and gained back 30, looking for friends

I lost 50 lbs through doing diet and exercise and then just let myself go when I never thought I would. Just looking for those that have had success or are just starting. Please share any tips or stories or adde as a friend. Thanks!

Replies

• omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    I wouldn't mind being your friend friend-o.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    You can add me for support!
  • keljcross
    keljcross Posts: 2 Member
    Me too! Lost over 50 lbs 5 years ago. Have gained back about 30 if that. So discussed with myself! I am getting married (2nd time) within the next year and I do NOT want to look like this!!! So here I am back at it.
  • jamielynbrown24
    jamielynbrown24 Posts: 21 Member
    I used to calorie count when I was skinny, no more than a couple weeks I lasted. Then when I got married I put on 60+ lbs and again I nevere lasted more than 3 weeks eating healthy and exercising. I don't want to go in public because I'm scared to see people from high school or whatnot and them be like wooah what happened, so that has affected my marriage. This time I started calorie counting end of March and lost like 20 lbs within the first month but then I fell off track. But I told myself I wasn't going to fall off completely. I'm sick of giving up. I've been keeping a goal of fitting into a dress I have never worn to a wedding in October. And I'm going to reward myself with a new cut and style of hair. So here I am, it's been about 8 weeks and I'm down 23 lbs. I have a lot more to go, and each day has its own struggles but I refuse to not pick myself back up and keep going.
  • Jeningp
    Jeningp Posts: 16 Member
    I've also lost the weight and gained it back, I'm in the process of losing again. My best tip is to get in the habit of meal planning, I plan my meals for the week & shop for what I need on the weekend. If I don't have a plan I tend to make poor choices. Friend request sent. If anyone else wants to they can add me as well.
  • sampanzee75
    sampanzee75 Posts: 86 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hey! I'm Samantha. I like to encourage others and also share my experiences. Motivation from others is a huge benefit. Add me if you'd like ☺️
  • tbee777
    tbee777 Posts: 1 Member
    I did the same thing, lost 50 then gained 30. It's really hard. You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • elliebear1972
    elliebear1972 Posts: 7 Member
    I lost 50 lbs through doing diet and exercise and then just let myself go when I never thought I would. Just looking for those that have had success or are just starting. Please share any tips or stories or adde as a friend. Thanks!

You and I sound very similar. I lost a ton of weight and gained 30 of it back myself. No one seems to notice but me and it really bothers me. Trying to get back on track but it's really hard, I don't know why I could do it before and not now.

Would love to see if we can help each other get back on the right path.

• TeaCurls
    TeaCurls Posts: 32 Member
    I am in the same boat. I lost like 55 lbs and then gained alot of it back. I have all sort of excuses but it my own darn fault. I would like to be friends and get on the fitness path.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    I did the same thing - twice ! I'm still ahead of where I was tho...... I'd like to punch myself in the face !! I like friends that log their food everyday and share likes and comments. I do.
  • IsaGale2015
    IsaGale2015 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    I've done that before, too. I just started a new healthy lifestyle and lost 7 pounds in the last two weeks. And inch off of my waist, and two off of my butt. Just finished up my second week. It was much easier than I thought. I started in support of my 17 year old grandson who is an overweight teen. To make it easier for him, my daughter started him on the plan, I joined and my other adult son joined in. My grandson has lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks! I am on a great support facebook page that keeps me motivated and on track. I've done the south beach before, but I just couldn't eat another egg for breakfast! This one seems to be working, it's easy, tastes like I'm cheating, and it's very portable, and I get to eat regular food, too! And meal planning is easy, because there is very little cooking!
  • abbymillward
    abbymillward Posts: 6 Member
    Hey I'm here for support. I still have 45 pounds to lose!