Not as hungry

Options
so I'm 3 weeks in and down about 10 pounds. I'm at the point where I'm walking/jogging 3 miles a day 5-6 days a week. Theast few nights I've gone to bet with 500-600 calories remaining. I'm just not finding myself as hungry and just fee I should eat all left if not hungry. Anyone else feel the same?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sometimes...but I always make up for it the next day.

I get hungry days where those leftover calories are gone...ie after running and DL days...
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a bad thing for a day or two, but probably not something you want to keep up for long. If your calorie deficit is too big you wouldn't be fuelling your body properly for that exercise.
  • OwynDinsdale
    OwynDinsdale Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you eating alot of protein? drinking protein shakes? protein suppresses hunger.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Are you eating alot of protein? drinking protein shakes? protein suppresses hunger.

no it doesn't...it helps in keeping you fuller longer....as does Fibre and fats and complex carbs.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm just not finding myself as hungry.....
    I've never had this "problem". Lol
    Maybe snack on some Nuts (they're very high in calories).
    A couple of handfuls are around 400 cals.

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I don't know what that feels like :D Tho sometimes I think when people start on a new "diet" they tend to ignore their hunger in hopes of making the weight loss happen faster. I also think that doing that will eventually make a person binge. It's not sustainable for the long term.
  • Danieltrent1
    Danieltrent1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not ignoring anything so that is for playing. I have had plenty of starving days and I usually eat 1800-2000 out of my 2100 allowance
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you're eating enough calories for the day and you don't feel weak or tired without those extra 500sih calories, I don't see why you should stuff yourself just to come up to a certain goal. I'd be aware of those things, though. If you feel overly tired or have headaches, it might be your body's way of telling you to eat, even if your stomach's not into it. The other thing I would try to be aware of is not to do it too many days in a row. If you don't get a certain amount of calories, your metabolism is gonna slow down. So even though you'd be eating less, it might make it more difficult to lose weight. However, if it's just one day here and there, I don't think it's a problem.