Roast dinner calories?? Please help :)

Options
ChelleE31
ChelleE31 Posts: 57 Member
Was wondering if anyone would know a rough calorie calculation for a roast beef dinner? I'm going to my boyfriends sister and won't be able to measure anything. It worries me a little but I really want to enjoy it because a roast is one of my favourite meals and I've worked so hard this week.

I've made a rough estimate of what I will roughly have, can someone take a look and see if what I've put looks roughly okay? Calorie wise?

200g white potato = 140 cals
100g carrot = 40 cals
Brocoli = 50 cals
2 Yorkshire puddings = 120 cals
Beef = 200 cals
Parsnips = 40 cals
Gravy = 20 cals

610 total

Replies

• ChelleE31
    Options
    I weighed two medium sized potatoes at home that would probably transfer to 3/4 small roasted ones
  • crispaholicshaz
    crispaholicshaz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy, its Sunday.. Go for nice walk, after! lol
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious. Assuming you're not literally cramming yourself full of food to the point of nearly bursting, a roast dinner with plenty of veg is a decent balanced meal. Enjoy!
  • ChelleE31
    Options

Lol I know, I'm being silly, I've worked off 1600 calories on the last two days and been under my calorie intake by 400+ each day. I'm allowed to just enjoy this aren't I?
  • ChelleE31
    Options
    :)
  • ChelleE31
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    That sounds delicious. Assuming you're not literally cramming yourself full of food to the point of nearly bursting, a roast dinner with plenty of veg is a decent balanced meal. Enjoy!

That's what I was thinking, I love veggies so probably half my plate will be vegetables anyway and then it's just a couple potatoes, meat and 2 Yorkshires :)
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I normally allocate 800 to a dinner not made by me because I can not guarentee how it is cooked.
    I know that chances are this is excessive but I would rather over estimate than under.
    I then go for a walk and not worry about it :smile:
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    If I'm having something like that, and have no idea on weights, what things are cooked in and all that jazz, I just log a JD Wetherspoons menu item.

Sunday Club roast beef dinner, both normal and large portions are in the database.

Although not accurate, it's more accurate than guessing.

I'd say your 610 calories is an underestimate and lacks an estimate for the oil/butter used to cook the roasties, veg and the Yorkshire puddings.
  • ChelleE31
    Options
    ChelleE31 wrote: »

Lol I know, I'm being silly, I've worked off 1600 calories on the last two days and been under my calorie intake by 400+ each day. I'm allowed to just enjoy this aren't I?

yes

Thanks!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are determined and have a great plan for it. That is half the battle! Have fun!
  • ChelleE31
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Looks like you are determined and have a great plan for it. That is half the battle! Have fun!

Thank you :).
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I agree that you've left plenty of room to just enjoy it without worrying. However, cityruss is right that you haven't accounted for oil/butter which is likely to be in the potatoes at the very least. It shouldn't derail your efforts though.
  • ChelleE31
    Options
    I agree that you've left plenty of room to just enjoy it without worrying. However, cityruss is right that you haven't accounted for oil/butter which is likely to be in the potatoes at the very least. It shouldn't derail your efforts though.

I asked roughly how much of things were used so I have an idea and on some things that I knew the exact calories of, I imputed too many to try and cover over things.
    I've already eaten it now and it was yummy! I'm not going to make myself feel guilty because meat, potatoes and vegetables aren't bad and there have been a few times this week when my family have had takeaways and I haven't, so I'm letting myself just have this meal tonight :).
    My calorie allowance is 1200 for the day, I only had about 450 cals for breakfast and lunch combined today and worked off 650 cals in the gym before dinner, I should be fine :).
    I feel like I've eaten well but I'm not bloated or uncomfortable :).