Options
2»

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    You can eat a lot of pickles for under 100 calories
    Green olives are low cal
    I sometimes do 10 grams of chocolate chips and 10 grams of slivered almonds as a snack
    1 oz of gummy bears

Fudgesicles popsicles and cream pops are yummy and low cal and so are some ice cream sandwiches.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It's probably not the "cheat-ish" answer you're looking for, but 100g of cut up carrots is going to be a lot more nutritious and filling than 2 oreos. A 160g apple; some green beans or cauliflower with butter and seasoning on them. Look for healthy snacks that will fill you up
  • leslieroman98
    leslieroman98 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chobani yogurt
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    dalila747 wrote: »
    I only have 1200 calories a day, and it's so easy to go go over. Sometimes I need a little bite but I need to stock up on snacks that wont break my calorie bank.
    Here's what I have so far:

2pack oreos (the seemed geared for kids' lunches)
    breakstones's cottage cheese with pineapple (the cups)

Anything else you rely on?

Greek yogurt is #1
    Eggs
    Coffee (skim milk/Splenda)
    Just discover Fudge sickle are only 40 calories
    There's tons of 100 or 90 calorie bars

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Chobani yogurt tubes fir kids 60 cals. Bell pepper strips wuth 1 tbs hummus. 1 tbsp pb w celery or apple half half avacado w 1 tomato wuth a sprinkle if olive oil salt n pepper. Pita by josephs 60 cal with slice mozzarella and basil.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Popsicles are nice for the summer, and they range from sugar free at 5 calories, to around 80 for the standard or real-juice ones (but watch those large 'frozen fruit bar' things... some of those pack a LOT of carbs/sugar/calories).

Berries, carrots with a dab of hummus, or string cheese are also favorites for me.
  • wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yasso frozen greek yogurt bars in chocolate, strawberry, mango, blueberry, or raspberry (or in a pinch, vanilla bean). 80 cal, little more sugar than in the yogurt naturally, 5-6 gm protein and scrumptious!
  • billiej97
    billiej97 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love snacking on frozen grapes. They are so good. They also last a little longer than if they weren't frozen and you feel more satisfied when you eat them.
  • teresa_garcia29
    teresa_garcia29 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, kashi and fiber one bars, pretzels, cherry tomatoes, oranges, yogurt, string cheese. cucumbers with tuna on top.
  • kallston89
    kallston89 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Almonds, a clementine, a Granny Smith apple with almond butter, red seedless grapes, pitted cherries, string cheese and yoplait light yogurt are a few of my favorite snacks to munch on while at work or out and about running errands.
  • sweetd6
    sweetd6 Posts: 74 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just tried this recipe and it's very low in calories, if you like custard and coffee. Combine 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (45 cals.) and two large eggs (160 cals.) Beat together with whisk, add 2 tsps. instant coffee and artificial sweetener to taste (for 4 servings, keep that in mind when adding sweetener) and whisk until smooth. You could use real sugar or honey and it would still be low in cals. Pour into four 6 oz. ramekins or mugs that can be used for cooking, place them into deep skillet or dutch oven, fill the dutch oven with water up to 1 in. below top of ramekins and bring to a simmer on the stove. When simmering, cover and cook 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Be careful taking ramekins/mugs out of pan and let cool a bit, then cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours in fridge. You can sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Top with some whipped cream/cool whip/topping of your choice. When total calories are divided by 4 it is low in calories and very tasty, like a fancy coffee custard.
  • dalila747
    dalila747 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    sweetd6 wrote: »
    I just tried this recipe and it's very low in calories, if you like custard and coffee. Combine 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (45 cals.) and two large eggs (160 cals.) Beat together with whisk, add 2 tsps. instant coffee and artificial sweetener to taste (for 4 servings, keep that in mind when adding sweetener) and whisk until smooth. You could use real sugar or honey and it would still be low in cals. Pour into four 6 oz. ramekins or mugs that can be used for cooking, place them into deep skillet or dutch oven, fill the dutch oven with water up to 1 in. below top of ramekins and bring to a simmer on the stove. When simmering, cover and cook 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Be careful taking ramekins/mugs out of pan and let cool a bit, then cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours in fridge. You can sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Top with some whipped cream/cool whip/topping of your choice. When total calories are divided by 4 it is low in calories and very tasty, like a fancy coffee custard.

Oh, that sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe!
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop individual serving size bags- 100 cals and really hits the spot when I want something salty and just to munch!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    2 cream crackers= 70cal.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    6 dried apricots= 100cal
  • yasminbower1991
    yasminbower1991 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Itsu dried seaweed is amazing 24 calories a packet, or have you tried popcorn? X
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Healthy cookie recipe!
    ****3 ripe bananas, mashed
    ****1/4 cup almond milk
    ****1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
    ****1 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice
    ****2 cups rolled oats
    ****1 tsp vanilla extract
    ****Dash of salt
    ****(optional) 1/2 cup of raisins

[Stir together, put in refrigerator for 1/2 hour so oats can absorb. Roll in to 1-1.5 inch balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.]

No refined sugars, no added oils. You can add protein powder to make it more protein-ful. My batch made 15 cookies at 60 calories per cookie

These sound delicious!