What's the e best food to satisfy craving?

Options
Just wondering if anyone knows a good low calorie snack to satisfy craving?

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Smaller portion of the food you're craving
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jshrimpton wrote: »

Depends what you're craving? Chicken won't satisfy a craving for chocolate fudge cake!
  • mls100771
    mls100771 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    jshrimpton wrote: »

A good resource is the "Eat This, Not That" book series. It gives you lower calorie alternative suggestions for those trigger foods that we all know and love.

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    raw onions
  • Shandajh
    Shandajh Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I crave pizza & cheese, but when I get a craving - the thing that is low calorie and keeps me from not getting hungry for 3 hours is taking 2 tb of powdered peanut butter, mixed w/ a little water, 1 tsp of peanut butter, and 3/4 tsp of raw honey. When I put that on an apple, it somehow tastes so delicious to me and I'm ok after that till dinner. I think it works because it has fat/protein/carbs and fiber. Plus, it's only 173 calories.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I just eat the food I'm craving and work it into my calorie goal.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

^^This^^
  • Johnboi1982
    Johnboi1982 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Shandajh wrote: »
    I crave pizza & cheese, but when I get a craving - the thing that is low calorie and keeps me from not getting hungry for 3 hours is taking 2 tb of powdered peanut butter, mixed w/ a little water, 1 tsp of peanut butter, and 3/4 tsp of raw honey. When I put that on an apple, it somehow tastes so delicious to me and I'm ok after that till dinner. I think it works because it has fat/protein/carbs and fiber. Plus, it's only 173 calories.
    That sounds like a nice treat! Will try this myself .. Thanks
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    85% Dark chocolate, dark chocolate is a natural appetite suppressant. Also greek yogurt (plain) with maple syrup.
  • pumpkinpocalypse
    pumpkinpocalypse Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mellouk89 wrote: »
    85% Dark chocolate, dark chocolate is a natural appetite suppressant. Also greek yogurt (plain) with maple syrup.

I second the greek yogurt! I eat it plain or with maple syrup 80% of the time as an afternoon snack, since I tend to be veeery hungry around 3pm. Guess what, it's filled with protein so I can last for 2 good hours, even 3 i'd say, after eating it without feeling hungry before dinner comes around. Plus, it's one hell of a delicious treat, while being low in calories (I eat 1/2 cup with 1 tbsp maple syrup, rounding up to 140 calories. Totally worth it).
  • hearts77
    hearts77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yh3ria84k113.jpg
    HA! This is absolutely something I would eat though.
  • lrenaee
    lrenaee Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but people are always saying this on here and I feel like it's the most worthless advice. If I had good self control and could easily limit myself to small amounts of my "trigger" foods, I wouldn't need to be loosing weight in the first place lol eating a tiny bit of ice cream (or whatever) does nothing for me. I'd personally would rather not have it at all, and therefore avoid failing at limiting myself to a small portion.

OP, I've found popcorn to help me with a lot of my snack food/munchies craving. My own weakness is pastries and doughnuts, I just cut them out and the cravings went away in about a month.
  • stuartm2015
    stuartm2015 Posts: 17 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    lrenaee wrote: »

I'm sorry but people are always saying this on here and I feel like it's the most worthless advice. If I had good self control and could easily limit myself to small amounts of my "trigger" foods, I wouldn't need to be loosing weight in the first place lol eating a tiny bit of ice cream (or whatever) does nothing for me. I'd personally would rather not have it at all, and therefore avoid failing at limiting myself to a small portion.

OP, I've found popcorn to help me with a lot of my snack food/munchies craving. My own weakness is pastries and doughnuts, I just cut them out and the cravings went away in about a month.

You think it's worthless advice? I think your advice is rubbish and is one of the main reasons so many people fail at dieting.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I keep plain ultra thin pretzels, low cal popcorn and graham crackers in the pantry.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    youdontknowwhatyousaw Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The food your craving, as for no self control, pay attention when you eat, there is a bite (usually 3 or 4 bites in) when the food doesn't taste as good as the first bite, this is when you stop, because now you're eating just because it's there.

Or brush your teeth, then you won't want to eat anything for awhile.
  • Gofor15
    Gofor15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice to see people trashing each others' advice when either one would likely be helpful to someone...
    In any event, I try to power through a "bad food" craving, eat as few carbs as possible that day and up the protein. The craving is usually gone the next day.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

^^This^^
    This works for me. Chew slowly and savor it.
  • SashiDekkinga
    SashiDekkinga Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is very low calorie and very high in protein! I have it almost every night when I'm feeling hungry.
  • LighterLifestyle
    LighterLifestyle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love it or hate it Marmite on crackers....works if you are a 'savoury' person and hits the cheese when craving snacks.