23 lbs down in 5 months

Options
I started this journey in January after seeing myself in family pictures from Christmas. I was absolutely disappointed in myself for allowing it to go so far. I was 155. Sadly I was even higher in Oct - 167 which was the exact same weight I weighed when I had my son 10 years ago.

I began by making the decision to eat a pescetarian lifestyle. I primarily got my protein through eggs and fish. Other than that - I just counted calories and stayed around 1400 net calories. In May - I began to gradually add meat back into my diet.

For exercise, I decided to pick up running again. I have ran 5ks before so I decided to train for a 10k with the hope of being able to run a half marathon by November 2015. I found out that I absolutely love running. I finished my 10 k training and immediately began training for a half for May instead of Nov. My goal was to finish in 2 hrs 30 mins & I finished in 2 hrs 9 mins and got 2nd in my age group. I have 3 more halfs planned for this year - I have definitely found my passion.

I also do body weight workouts 2 - 3 days per week. I haven't been as focused on weight lifting but I'm trying to gradually increase it as I enter maintaince.

In 5 months I have lost:

Hips: 42 - 35 : 7 inches
Waist: 35 - 28 : 7 inches
Chest: 39 - 33: 6 inches
L Thigh: 26 - 22: 4 inches
R Thigh: 27.5 - 22: 5.5 inches

29.5 inches lost

85tkjhv9oade.jpg
763jk2z9zqqi.jpg
1thsgivs8cc2.jpg

Replies

• zombiebrandy0112
    zombiebrandy0112 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I also went from a size 12-14 & XL to size 5/6 & XS.
  • CupcakeQueen86
    CupcakeQueen86 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    wow u look great! how tall are you, 23lbs make such a difference
  • zombiebrandy0112
    Options
    5'4 & thank you!
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!! Really noticeable difference.

My starting measurements (taken on Jan 1st 2015) are very similar to your starting measurements and my 'before pictures' are also very similar to yours, we have a very similar body shape!....but I was 181lbs (at 5'5") and have lost 16lbs so am still very much a work in progress.

What height are you?

I'm also a runner.....and very impressed by your 2hrs 9 mins half Marathon. Amazing!!!! My PB is 2hrs 15 mins and I'm working on getting under 2 hrs 10 mins.

We seem to have a few things in common so I'm sending you a FR....hope you don't mind!
  • zombiebrandy0112
    Options
    Well done!!!! Really noticeable difference.

My starting measurements (taken on Jan 1st 2015) are very similar to your starting measurements and my 'before pictures' are also very similar to yours, we have a very similar body shape!....but I was 181lbs (at 5'5") and have lost 16lbs so am still very much a work in progress.

What height are you?

I'm also a runner.....and very impressed by your 2hrs 9 mins half Marathon. Amazing!!!! My PB is 2hrs 15 mins and I'm working on getting under 2 hrs 10 mins.

We seem to have a few things in common so I'm sending you a FR....hope you don't mind!

Thank you so much :smile: It's always great to find someone with similar goals.

& I am 5'4 & I am definitely fine with adding you as a friend.

• JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Great work!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!