Anyone struggling with bingeing lets support each other

Options
Hi I'm 27 from NY I've been making serious strides in overcoming binge eating in the past several weeks. If this is something you struggle with let's support each other. If you friend me please write a message just letting me know it's because you struggle with binge eating.

Replies

• gillstewart
    gillstewart Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    it's my biggest struggle, I do so well and then out of nowhere I get the urge to eat anything and everything in sight and then I'm so disgusted with myself I comfort eat!!! It's a horrible viscous circle! I've never figured out a way to overcome it :(
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Binging is my downfall. I can eat healthy meals all day but once I start snacking, I can't stop. I really need to get this under control because I want to be able to eat the foods I like without overdoing it - at the moment I can't have ice cream/cake etc in the house because I don't trust myself not to binge. I'm hoping that going cold turkey will help me break the cycle.
  • esmeralda2007
    esmeralda2007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    binging is very hard for me too i often find myself eating almost anything
  • babyblueskie
    babyblueskie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Would love some support too. I always do good on a counting calorie diet for like 2-3 weeks then binge on whatever whenever for 2 weeks then feel like I'm a failure and eat more. It's horrible
  • esmeralda2007
    esmeralda2007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i know that feeling ..... but sometimes you got to realize you cant be too hard on yourself...
  • JessiLynnFit
    JessiLynnFit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The book "Brain Over Binge" taught me a great thinking technique called AVRT and how the brain works before and during a binge. Definitely look into the book and the author has a website too that's amazing. Kathryn Hansen is the author.
  • poissant23
    poissant23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bingeing is the worst, everything will be fine and then bam it seems like everything starts to fall apart, I would love some support aswell.
  • babyblueskie
    babyblueskie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight like 65 pounds 3 years ago and gained it all back plus some. :( the gym I went to which was right up the street 5 mins away closed down and I know it was only an excuse because I could have found another one or worked out at home but I went everyday and it was only for women I HATE working out with other guys there lol I don't know why but I just don't do as good.
  • Datcheebacheeba
    Datcheebacheeba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Binge eating is probably one of the worst habits to overcome. Since using this app I've tried controlling my need to want to chew on something by watching my caloric intake. It really helps to put consumption in perspective. I honestly wouldn't have noticed it otherwise!

We can do this!!
  • thevolp
    thevolp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    3 years ago I struggled with severe bulimia. Now I'm binge eating/overeating and feel out of control. I gained ~35 pounds last year and I NEED my body back. I found out that people I know joke about my weight behind my back and I need to show them (and myself) I can be fit. HELP MEEEEE
  • kventura1032
    kventura1032 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I struggle with anxiety causing me to want to eat even when I'm not hungry. I'm trying to get my meals under control and put a lock on my snaking.
  • allykat000
    allykat000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Closet binge-er here. Would love some help/support. I lost 107 lbs on MFP last year, and have gained over 50lbs of it back in 6 months because of my uncontrollable binges. Please send me a friend request...I would love someone who could relate and we could be support partners! I need to be held accountable! :) -Ally
  • Retroic
    Retroic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible in the afternoon. I eat real well at breakfast and lunch but then when I get off work I go right for the pantry and destroy snacks and candy before dinner and then eat way too much for dinner. Same goes for when I eat fast food. I can't just buy 1 thing, I have to order 3/4 of the menu.
  • benjaminsboo
    benjaminsboo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely one of the biggest struggles I've had. I was doing so well for a month lost 7 lbs. And then family invited me out to dinner ...or had a road trip and had to grab something quick....just unfortunate events so I got discouraged and have worked out less and binged more this whole week. I'm gonna pick back up today though and start the Atkins diet if all else fails..u don't have to work out with that diet but working out definitely improves it.
  • FinntheVeggie
    FinntheVeggie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You bet this is something I know like the back of my hand. I've been plagued by bingeing phases for the past 7 years. The longest I've gone without tripping up in all that time is 34 days last fall. I just picked myself up again, dusted myself off again, and Day 1 has gone well for me and I am hopeful. I would love to chat with people who have experienced the same, feel free to add me.
  • jlaw_1992
    jlaw_1992 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've struggled off and on with this as well. Last week I had a major binge, which was my first since January. Glad to have friends for support/to support if anyone is interested.
  • Determined1974
    Determined1974 Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    allykat000 wrote: »
    Closet binge-er here. Would love some help/support. I lost 107 lbs on MFP last year, and have gained over 50lbs of it back in 6 months because of my uncontrollable binges. Please send me a friend request...I would love someone who could relate and we could be support partners! I need to be held accountable! :) -Ally

Hi, what are your trigger foods? For me the two biggest are tortilla chips and cheese.
  • hattie419
    hattie419 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of Binge-eating too, it makes me feel awful about myself but I can't stop sometimes! It's because I'm an emotion-eater (all bingers are), and we eat mindlessly at times without even realising/feeling out of control until we've eaten a load! I ate the icing off an entire cake last week the day before my exam haha, we just need to find other ways of relieving out emotion and not covering it up temporarily with food, exercise really helps me - sometimes when I'm about to binge I force myself to put on gym clothes which makes me go and workout instead