Joplin Resident speaks out.

Options
I am a resident of Joplin, Mo. Our town was recently a victim of an EF4 tornado. The stories that are coming out of these areas are so tragic and others are so inspiring that you can't help but be emotionally charged. I don't want to talk about diets or calories, any of that tonight. I work for a national drugstore that is breaking it's back to serve this community's needs. I am proud of my coworkers and the family that is pulling together. I am broken in spirit and weary in body. I am very blessed to have a home all my family accounted for and yet my heart is breaking for those that are still in the fog of this storm.
The night of the storm my husband and I went out to volunteer with the city's rescue efforts, as ministers we can go places others can't go. And we were sent at what we called "ground zero", the triage unit across from the St John Regional Medical Center that was completely shaken. I have never seen anything like it before. Ever and never do I want to again. I am just reaching out to this network for prayers and support. I am asking you to help carry this burden with me. I have stood upon God's promises and I am holding on to Him with all my might. If you are near by please reach out to families and give from your hearts. Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Replies

• LixxiKitti
    LixxiKitti Posts: 116
    Options
    Thinking of you and your community at this difficult time
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am no where near there but I said a little prayer for all that have been touched by this disaster!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You are in my thoughts and prayers! God bless you for reaching out to those who need it most -- and in the worst possible circumstances.
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Bless you and everyone affected by the storm. My heart goes out to all of you.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    God bless you and all of the people of Joplin. We also had a bad tornado in LaCrosse, but thankfully nothing too close. I cannot imagine the devastation... everyone is in my prayers!!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your community!!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I am a resident of Joplin, Mo. Our town was recently a victim of an EF4 tornado. The stories that are coming out of these areas are so tragic and others are so inspiring that you can't help but be emotionally charged. I don't want to talk about diets or calories, any of that tonight. I work for a national drugstore that is breaking it's back to serve this community's needs. I am proud of my coworkers and the family that is pulling together. I am broken in spirit and weary in body. I am very blessed to have a home all my family accounted for and yet my heart is breaking for those that are still in the fog of this storm.
    The night of the storm my husband and I went out to volunteer with the city's rescue efforts, as ministers we can go places others can't go. And we were sent at what we called "ground zero", the triage unit across from the St John Regional Medical Center that was completely shaken. I have never seen anything like it before. Ever and never do I want to again. I am just reaching out to this network for prayers and support. I am asking you to help carry this burden with me. I have stood upon God's promises and I am holding on to Him with all my might. If you are near by please reach out to families and give from your hearts. Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Praying and will get all the local churches praying to!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Prayers for the people of Joplin. Prayers as well for those who work to aid them. May God's grace shelter you all.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm from St Louis originally, so my heart always breaks a little when I hear of these tragedies! Hope all your loved ones are safe, and praying for peace and safety for everyone there!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for whats happening and happened. When it hit st. louis a couple of weeks ago, even though we live a mile away from the airport, we escaped with little damage, especially since the tornado was in the airport. I am praying for all the families that have been affected by this tragedy.
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    May God bless you and others in Joplin. I live in St. Charles MO. We have had the sirens going off each time the weather has gotten bad - I live in an old house and the basement is out of the question. Tornadoes are very scarry. We were just missed last time when the tornadoes hit by the airport area. I have been emotional all day watching the devastation in Joplin, and also hearing about all the people taking care of each other. I am so sorry this has happened to all of you. My prayers are with you!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    One of my former students lost her home and belongings in this tragedy. My heart and prayers are with all of the Joplin community.
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    I watched video of the tornado earlier tonight and it broke my heart. Godspeed to you and your community. <3
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    you are in my prayers...all the people of Joplin and sourrounding areas that have been affected by this horrible storm...May God hold you up and walk with you in your greatest time of need...blessings...
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    My best friend was there with her in-laws and another friend had just left town. My brother-in-law is there now helping and I can only imagine what you must be going through right now. My prayers are with you and everyone involved.
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ecuador, so I can't help physically, but I will be praying. May our all-sufficient Father give you strength and peace as you help deal with the aftermath of this disaster. May others see him in you. On behalf of the hurting, thank you for all you're doing.
  • j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Prayers for Joplin are on their way to the Father now. And thank you for being willing to minister to those in need.
  • glamourenamored
    Options
    My heart breaks for everyone affected. It seems devistating on the news but its probably even worse out there. Stay strong & positive. Despite how bad it is now, things will get better. <3
  • JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My prayers and positive thoughts are with all those who are suffering from this storm.
  • tobitude
    tobitude Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I will pray for continued strength for you to continue your help during the aftermath, and for all those affected by these storms wether directly or indirectly. <3