Looking for fellow streakers

Options
No. Not that streaking.

I'm looking for other streak runners. I'm currently on RSD 156. I find that I sometimes have trouble running and staying under my calories. Granted, this only happens when I don't choose my meals properly.
Question: Do you go over your calories just to have fuel for exercise?

Replies

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I always try to stay +/- 100 calories of my daily goal. Are you still trying to drop fat and have you adjusted your daily calorie goal and macros recently?
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Shmul, what on earth are you talking about?
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    KMasz wrote: »
    Shmul, what on earth are you talking about?

There is a crazy breed out there, myself included, that maintain a long term running streak. I'm currently up to 158 consecutive days of running at least 1 miles. While this might sound like something to people that don't do it, there are people out there streaking for years and decades. The advantage of doing it is you never have to even think if you can push off exercising for the day. For example, last night I nearly forgot to run. I was getting ready for bed when I realized I didn't run. It was cold and rainy out. Without the streak I would have debated whether I should go for the run and procrastinated until it was too late. Since I knew that I must do it, I didn't think twice, laced up my sneakers and out I went. I ended up enjoying the run quite a bit.
    The downside is that you must run even if your food choices for the day weren't the most nutritious. If you ate crap the whole day, you won't have much fuel for the run. This will some times push me to eat over my calories for the day.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I always try to stay +/- 100 calories of my daily goal. Are you still trying to drop fat and have you adjusted your daily calorie goal and macros recently?

I actually adjusted my calorie goal last week to a less agressive goal. Since then I probably didn't have this issue. I'm still trying to lose a few pounds and some fat but my focus is more on eating healthier and making smarter choices.