Gained weight when dieting

Options
Av been dieting for few weeks yet I have put on weight , how's this Evan possible, I exercise most days and burn about 2000 cal according to my app and eat about 1500 - 1700 cal a day .

Replies

• tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Short and sweet? Get rid of the 'about' and remove the mystery :) Good luck
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    2000 calories just from exercise? Or in total per day?

Are you weighing all your foods?

• jamesPercy1985
    jamesPercy1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well I use endomando app for fitness , eat between 1500-1700 cal , I do boxing , weight training and jog , Scan and weigh my food
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Av been dieting for few weeks yet I have put on weight , how's this Evan possible, I exercise most days and burn about 2000 cal according to my app and eat about 1500 - 1700 cal a day .

What are you doing to make you burn so many calories?!...do you weigh all your food with a food scale??
  • jamesPercy1985
    Options
    I restarted using this app to make sure I keep track of what I eat ,

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    gaining weight in a dieting. You are eating too much.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Well I use endomando app for fitness , eat between 1500-1700 cal , I do boxing , weight training and jog , Scan and weigh my food

If you are accurately weighing your food then I suspect that the problem is with your estimated calorie burn. When you say that you burn 2000 calories per day, are those exercise calories? I'm not sure what the endomondo thing looks at. But if that is exercise calories, it is very likely an overstatement and if you are eating all (or a large portion) of those calories then you are eating too many calories.
  • jamesPercy1985
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well I do 12 3min rounds with punchbag with 1min active rest using different kettle bell moves . Then I do a weight circuit for 45min
  • annavalente
    Options
    That would definitely not burn 2000 calories im afraid...do you eat back any of those calories?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Well I do 12 3min rounds with punchbag with 1min active rest using different kettle bell moves . Then I do a weight circuit for 45min

This will not burn 2000 calories. Is the 2000 calories total for the day, or just from exercise?

Can you open your diary?
  • jamesPercy1985
    Options
  • stuartm2015
    stuartm2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Most vigorous exercise burns around 600 calories an hour.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights for the calorie burn. Interesting.

2 hours of exercising that you do would not burn 2000 calories.
  • annavalente
    Options
    I burn around 300 calories an hour ...this app over estimates calories burned - most people on here would recommend halving them
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Those burns are crazy high. There's no way you are burning that many calories doing those exercises. An hour of boxing burns 1625 calories?!! No way.

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Are you eating 1500-1700 calories total, or are you trying to "net" that many? If it's the former, it shouldn't matter how much you're overestimating exercise. If it's the latter, there's your problem.

How many pounds have you put on in a "few weeks?" You're going to need to provide details.
  • jamesPercy1985
    Options
    zxsaah6x3jye.jpg
  • jamesPercy1985
    Options
    I fought the purpose of this type of app was to take your age , height, weight and work out what you should burn when working out
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Wow those exercise burns are ridiculous :open_mouth:

Most people advise to halve the MFP database calories

But those app burns ...even half would be too much
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    86 mins of that kind of exercise I'd estimate 6-700 calories

Start there

Judge how much weight you lose over 6-8 weeks then adjust