What's your favorite post workout meal ?

Options
Ryanstwin
Ryanstwin Posts: 70 Member
What's your favorite post workout meal? Could be breakfast or lunch/dinner .. Post ⬇️

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    16oz. whole milk cappuccinos. In lieu of that, whatever I can get my paws on if I am hungry which is not never.
  • Ryanstwin
    Ryanstwin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My go to is normally chicken and eggs.. Some type of potatoes for the carbs maybe a protein shake with banana as well @nakedraygun
  • wendybirdx
    wendybirdx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ooh this one's hard...I love my cereal bars. They only have them in my local supermarket. But I'll also really look forward to a portion of acai with granola ^^
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have some egg salad with a slice of bread or banana and peanut butter. I also like greek yogurt with granola.
  • comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    eggwhite scramble with veggies & a high carb / low fat food on the side... usually an English muffin or cereal :)
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is usually tough for me, as I finish around 6am and am not typically hungry. So I have a protein shake. Maybe some almonds or cashews if I'm out of protein shakes. Around 10-11am I make myself a scrambled egg tortilla with salsa.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    24 ounce ribeye or 3 lbs of king crab legs
  • Physiobody
    Physiobody Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes and some sort of meat. I'll throw in a Quest bar every now and then.
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I normally work out between meals and have a snack after my workout. It's usually a cup of unsweetened plain almond milk, a scoop of Garden of Life Raw Meal in the vanilla chai spice flavor, and two tablespoons of TruNut cinnamon powdered peanut butter. I add about six ice cubes and give it a whirl in the VitaMix.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Over medium eggs, bread, tuna w/ cottage cheese, and a greek yogurt.
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat/grain toast, natural peanut butter, and honey.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Usually a cup of Greek yogurt.
  • ACyclingAdmin
    ACyclingAdmin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    http://smile.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Natural-Vanilla-Pound/dp/B002DYJ0KW
    1 scoop with rice milk or water depending on how intense the ride.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Potato, sour cream, grilled turkey burger or chicken, salad, and another veggie or two like steamed spinach and raw sweet peppers.
  • Beaches26
    Beaches26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quest protein shake. Delicious!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Usually carbs and protein - love protein pancakes with jam/maple and fruit, or cereal with protein "milk", yoghurt and fruit. Or for savoury, homemade burgers with chips, pizza with low fat cheese, fish/steak and chips.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Other than a protein shake (which I do have after every workout), I'd have to say chicken. Big time. Juicy chicken breast with only a pinch of salt. Nom nom nom!
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Whatever my wife cooks for dinner.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I crave fruit after weights. Not sure if that is normal but if I can get my hands on some in season berries I am in heaven. Other than that I love big fist fulls of shredded ham. Yup, I go to the deli meat box, grab a wad and nom nom nom. A dainty lady I is.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    1 or two beers. Something in the neighborhood of a dark, carmely stout, or lager.