Gaining muscle

Options
Im trying to gain muscle. Please tell me if you think 2200 calories a day is far too much.
I'm 5'5 and 139lbs atm and i train 4-5 days a week
Thanks in advance

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    What is your TDEE?
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    What is your TDEE?

• twinsbabyweight
    twinsbabyweight Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're looking for. If your Tdee is 1891, I would probably start about 1900 & not eat back your calories burned. If you're not gaining at least 1/2 lb per week bump it up by 100 cals until you are. Odds are, you'll have to bump up a few times.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Im trying to gain muscle. Please tell me if you think 2200 calories a day is far too much.
    I'm 5'5 and 139lbs atm and i train 4-5 days a week
    Thanks in advance

Base this decision on what your actual results are. If you would rather err on the side of gaining less fat and possibly not maximizing muscle gain then start conservatively and add calories in as you stall.

The most important thing is to observe your results and make adjustments as you go. If you do this, you'll be just fine.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're looking for. If your Tdee is 1891, I would probably start about 1900 & not eat back your calories burned. If you're not gaining at least 1/2 lb per week bump it up by 100 cals until you are. Odds are, you'll have to bump up a few times.

why would you only add nine calories if your TDEE is 1891….why not just go to 2250????
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

TDEE includes calories burned in exercise.
    Read the bulking guide.
    Eat aprox 250 calories above TDEE for a clean bulk. This should be a 0.5 lbs gain a week. Look at the scale and adjust accordingly.