Question for the ladies.

Options

Replies

• mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    the ladies were the FIRST to go! i went from a size D down to a very small C... and thats with padding!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Haha Im the opposite....I went from a 38 B to a 34 C WTF??? LOL My fat redistributed itself
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 13lb but mine have changed a lot - smaller (and I was only a B to start off with), but the measurement under my boobs has shrunk even more which technically puts me in a C cup. However, I have bras in 36B, 36C and 38B and none of them fit. I think I might be 36A and only half way through my weight loss :(:(:(

Can I add a question to the topic...
    Is it really worth buying "intermediate" bra sizes during weight loss or, given how expensive they are and how AWFUL bra shopping is, can it wait til the loss is all done?
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I went from...

Oh wait, this is a thread about boobs, not Moobs. >.<
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I love these posts! Men love them too.

Ok no seriously depends on the person and genetics, my mom and Sis HATE me when it comes to weight loss. 55 lbs down and still a lovely 38D (I WAS an overful D but refused to by a DD I technically lost 1/4 of a cup)

My mom and sis on the other hand, lose a cup size ever 20 lbs but my sis never really had boobs except when breast feeding, when she stopped, they deflated.
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I lost over a cup so far...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm like you... I'm 5'9, started at 180 and am now down to almost 160. So far my boobs haven't shrunk, but I carry my fat in my stomach and that has shrunk a lot. Obviously it varies from person to person, but I don't think that you have too much to worry about.
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am the process of losing weight, as we all are, but I am curious as to one aspect of weight loss. I currently weigh 170lbs and I am 5'9. My goal weight is 150. How much will my bra size change with the weight loss? I know that it will change somewhat, but is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening? After I finished nursing my son I was blessed to stay the same size, along with some extra weight too. My concern is that I will lose my C cup and go down to a B. Thanks for the advice and help.

Honey, it's called the bombshell from victoria's secret. Try it ;)
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm like you... I'm 5'9, started at 180 and am now down to almost 160. So far my boobs haven't shrunk, but I carry my fat in my stomach and that has shrunk a lot. Obviously it varies from person to person, but I don't think that you have too much to worry about.

I hope that we are alike in this department. Implants are not something that I would be interested in, but thanks. Victoria Secret is a great option, but once I'm done losing the weight then I will do so. Their bras are way too expensive for in between purchases.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

I hope that we are alike in this department. Implants are not something that I would be interested in, but thanks. Victoria Secret is a great option, but once I'm done losing the weight then I will do so. Their bras are way too expensive for in between purchases.

Did you ever look at Aerie by American Eagle? They are always having sales on their bras and sometimes they are as low as ten dollars.. personally I like their bras better then VS! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Haha Im the opposite....I went from a 38 B to a 34 C WTF??? LOL My fat redistributed itself

That can happen as well! You just lost more fat from your ribcage than from your breasts!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options

Is it really worth buying "intermediate" bra sizes during weight loss or, given how expensive they are and how AWFUL bra shopping is, can it wait til the loss is all done?
    There was a point in time when all I would buy was the inexpensive multi-pack sports bras from WalMart and colormatched cotton undies ... Then once I got to where I wanted to be I went out on a whole new lingerie wardrobe (I have a thing about my unmentionables matching... LOL)
    BUT, I gained 30 pounds back, so it is all in my drawer waiting for me to reclaim the figure they fit!
  • sunnygirl73
    sunnygirl73 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am a large busted woman. Recently I lost 30 lbs and definitely had to get a new bra. Where I live bras that actually fit me are scarce. But we have this one shop that specializes in fitting any woman perfectly. The ladies there seem to really know what they are talking about. They told me recently that when losing weight, on average, a woman will go down a size for every 20 pounds lost. What that size is may vary, of course, but that sounded like a good rule of thumb. I hope that helps.

On a personal note: I know you probably don't want to hear this but from my perspective I think you are blessed if you do not have very large breasts. I am always self conscious and there are many styles of tops I am either uncomfortable wearing or that simply do not look good on me. I suffer from a lot of tension in my shoulders and back and it is awkward and sometimes painful to do vigorous exercise. I actually think that having very large breasts contributed to me developing an inactive lifestyle and lead to more struggles with my weight. So, for all you ladies that are not as "blessed" up top, I hope you can find joy in the fact that you have many freedoms that some of us larger girls may not. No matter what, we are all beautiful in our own unique way.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    This really depends and varies from person to person. I'm 5'9 too and used to weigh around 155-165 and was a C. At my heaviest (205ish) I was a bigger size D. Now I weigh 160, but I'm still a D. I've also known girls that went down a cup size even though they only lost 15-20 pounds. Sorry that's not much help, just my own personal experience.

Edit: I also lift weights regularly and do pushups, so that might help too, and I tend to store the majority of my weight in my hips/butt/legs...I'm very pear shaped :laugh:
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am the process of losing weight, as we all are, but I am curious as to one aspect of weight loss. I currently weigh 170lbs and I am 5'9. My goal weight is 150. How much will my bra size change with the weight loss? I know that it will change somewhat, but is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening? After I finished nursing my son I was blessed to stay the same size, along with some extra weight too. My concern is that I will lose my C cup and go down to a B. Thanks for the advice and help.

its dif. for everyone... for me unfortunately i've dropped a cup size (last time i was measured a month ago) and i think i've dropped more cause my bra is loose :S 38C to 38B (that was the last time i was checked)

6148478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    1) I agree with the above posters that it does depend on your body.

2) Smaller breasts - you have an easier time of finding clothes that fit properly.

3) Smaller breasts - you wouldn't have to worry about back problems because of them.

4) I have noticed that a smaller size can look larger than it actually is on a smaller build. (I am friends with many men and have had this discussion before.) A C looks differently on a slim woman than a C on a larger woman.

5) If you aren't married or dating there ARE men out there who like smaller sizes (no matter what the media tries to tell you) and if you are married or dating they should love your body no matter what. It should be YOU not your body they're really worried about. (Hmmm, that sentence didn't really come out the way I wanted it to, but you get the idea.)

6) Like was said above you can do work outs to help.

I hope this alleviates any worry you might have. :)
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For the record, there are men who prefer A-B cup sizes.

So, if you do lose a bit, I say don't sweat it.
  • GreenGablesJes
    Options
    currently I am a size 42DD so I really am hoping I will be losing bra sizes as I have delt with a large chest size since puberty and was picked on by classmates for years about my chest. also have had back problems for years. so i am ready to get the bra size down!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    There is no way to stop it. I am already down a size...it is one of the first things to go on me.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options

There was a point in time when all I would buy was the inexpensive multi-pack sports bras from WalMart and colormatched cotton undies ... Then once I got to where I wanted to be I went out on a whole new lingerie wardrobe (I have a thing about my unmentionables matching... LOL)
    BUT, I gained 30 pounds back, so it is all in my drawer waiting for me to reclaim the figure they fit!
    That's a good idea, I'll go and look for some cheap no-brand ones. It seems a huge shame to buy beautiful underwear and it only last a month or two. Also my bank balance would not be pretty.