What can you accomplish in 6 weeks?

Options
kshadows
kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm mostly just curious...I've lost ~55 lbs, and am currently working on recomp, eating slightly below maintenance and lifting 2-3x per week. I'm going on vacation in July (40 days away from today). I know 6 weeks isn't much time, but is there any hope for an improvement in the abdominal area in that amount of time?

I'd love to see any 6 week progress pictures!

ETA: I'm trying to set a reasonable goal for this time period... being that all my goals until now have been long term goals, I'm not sure how to work out something for this short of a period!

Replies

• kshadows
    Options
    That is an excellent point. Thank you :)
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    As far as I know recomping is a very slow process. You will see some progress but not much.

Near the time drop your carbs a little bit and avoid things high in salt and sodium to avoid water retention.
  • kshadows
    Options
    I guess I just want to set a goal for myself before that time but I'm not really sure what's reasonable... my goals up until now have been much more long-term, so I don't really know what's a reasonably achievable goal in a shorter period of time!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    kshadows wrote: »
    I guess I just want to set a goal for myself before that time but I'm not really sure what's reasonable... my goals up until now have been much more long-term, so I don't really know what's a reasonably achievable goal in a shorter period of time!
    Do they best you can do in those six weeks. That's the only goal you can definitely achieve.

• Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. If you’re a goal-oriented person, maybe set some fitness goals, e.g. strength improvements in your lifts, how many push-ups or pull-ups you can do. That sort of thing. :smile: Good job on your great results!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    I agree with the above. If you’re a goal-oriented person, maybe set some fitness goals, e.g. strength improvements in your lifts, how many push-ups or pull-ups you can do. That sort of thing. :smile: Good job on your great results!

this.

recomp is slow, so fitness goals are probably the way to go.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Not much if you're on recomp. But if you want to "cut" up a bit more, 6 weeks is doable since you've already gotten down quite a bit. Of course "cutting up" would require a slight deficit again, but you can always go back to recomp after your vacation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I do not see anything wrong with the body in your profile picture... Vacation looks like it is already waiting for you... no improvement needed just for vacation..

Recomp is very very slow... you can "trust me" on this one.. been there, still doing it and it oooooo soooo slow.. But I do not want to bulk in the summer.. especially gain wait... waiting for fall/winter.

• kshadows
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I do not see anything wrong with the body in your profile picture... Vacation looks like it is already waiting for you... no improvement needed just for vacation..

Recomp is very very slow... you can "trust me" on this one.. been there, still doing it and it oooooo soooo slow.. But I do not want to bulk in the summer.. especially gain wait... waiting for fall/winter.

While I appreciate your answer, photos can be tricky to judge by, especially as they're generally taken in the best possible light/angle/etc. I'm just trying to get to where *I* am comfortable, I'm not doing this for anyone else.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Here's my 6-week comparison...
    I'm 5'2. I lift 5 days a week and do about 90 minutes of HIIT cardio a week.
    I eat about 80% of my TDEE.

progress-side-05312015_zps0ik0ylgk.jpg
  • nikkishai
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Good progress but keep in mind she is talking about a recomp which is a lot different.

A lot different than what? A lot different than maintaining/building muscle while losing fat? Isn't that what a body recomposition is? If not, kindly explain what you mean...

• nikkishai
    Options
    nikkishai wrote: »
    Good progress but keep in mind she is talking about a recomp which is a lot different.

A lot different than what? A lot different than maintaining/building muscle while losing fat? Isn't that what a body recomposition is? If not, kindly explain what you mean...
    You ate at a 20% deficit. A recomp is eating maintenance.

The difference between the 2 is significant.

Gotcha

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

You did great!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Fantastic 6 week results! You rock!