Weird Combinations.

Options

Replies

• Starrr126
    Starrr126 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Back in undergrad someone introduced me to baby carrots with yellow mustard. Better for you than ranch I suppose. I used to do my nachos with a katsup and mustard mixed together instead of cheese. And for some reason I like popcorn dipped in sour cream...that last one is not too healthy. Haha.

The fries/ice cream thing I thought only worked with Wendy's fries + frosty but since they changed the frosty formula and totally changed fries it's so gross!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I never got the french fries dipped in Frosties/ice cream... all my friends in HS raved about it, I tried it... not impressed. I don't get it.

That used to be a weakness of mine. I would always order fries to dip in my frosty. One reason I must've gained more weight. lol
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered bacon! This sounds weird but it's the perfect salty-sweet combo. It's also a "cheat" food--not something I have more than once a year! lol
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Applesauce on pizza..... And as a bonus, it cools it down so you don't burn the roof of your mouth :bigsmile:

Also, ketchup mixed in w/ mac & cheese...Usually have a hot dog with it, so the ketchup "conveniently" mixes in.
  • Fatlorenzo
    Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    White wraps, with marmite, mustard and bbq sauce. With lettuce, mayonase and quorn "Chicken" Yum, could go for one of them now :(
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    Save this for a 'cheat day', but spread some creamy peanut butter on a hot dog.

DO IT! Thank me later.
    :glasses:

Haha. Seriously? Maybe if I liked hotdogs, but that just seems gross. lol

I said the same thing...until I tried it!

Haha, I ate peanut butter on a chicken nugget the other day. It was unusual and good.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Old Bay crab seasoning.... on EVERYTHING!!! Popcorn, chicken, salad, eggs (scrambled, hard boiled, soft boiled, poached), any steamed veggie, steak, etc. It's salty and spicy... SO high in sodium though -- but I don't care! Let my feet swell up befoer you take away my Old Bay. I'm still trying to find a dessert that it will work with, but no luck so far. Years ago, I called McCormick's Spice Company, but they finally said to stop calling (they thought I was a crank).
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I never got the french fries dipped in Frosties/ice cream... all my friends in HS raved about it, I tried it... not impressed. I don't get it.

I know Braum's aren't everywhere in the US, I really think only around here, but I hated Frosties and french fries.... but a Braum's chocolate milkshake and their fries, holy **** those are AWESOME.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This is not healthy whatsoever, but my fiance eats peanut butter and balogna sandwiches. It's nasty smelling.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Steamed white rice with regular water-canned tuna, sauteed onions and... KETCHUPPPP! My husband makes it for me, but he thinks it's completely weird and growse. haha
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I like mac and cheese with crushed red pepper.

SMOOTH peanut butter with spicy yellow peppers.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Old Bay crab seasoning.... on EVERYTHING!!! Popcorn, chicken, salad, eggs (scrambled, hard boiled, soft boiled, poached), any steamed veggie, steak, etc. It's salty and spicy... SO high in sodium though -- but I don't care! Let my feet swell up befoer you take away my Old Bay. I'm still trying to find a dessert that it will work with, but no luck so far. Years ago, I called McCormick's Spice Company, but they finally said to stop calling (they thought I was a crank).

Try it on sugar free chocolate pudding. You might be surprised. :laugh:
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I love, LOVE, an egg with dill relish. I don't know why.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are weird, but good, too!!
    My husband eats this, but he adds Miracle Whip too.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are weird, but good, too!!
    My husband eats this, but he adds Miracle Whip too.

My mother's favorite sandwich was peanut butter and mayo. She was 5'7 and weighed 102 lbs. Go figure. *eye roll*
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Cabbage and proscuitto with honey. Yes.
  • Jbauer41
    Jbauer41 Posts: 55
    Options
    Chocolate covered bacon! This sounds weird but it's the perfect salty-sweet combo. It's also a "cheat" food--not something I have more than once a year! lol

I don't think anything with bacon is bad. Food o the gods. I'm still trying to think of the cottage cheese with baked beans thing. I can't get my mind around it.
  • spitfire423
    spitfire423 Posts: 21
    Options
    Healthy:

we top our waffles and pancakes w applesauce instead of syrup....also works to lighten up a bfast too!!

soft pretzal with mustard steada cheese (kills your carb/salt craveing lot les fat n cal then chips)

subway vegie sub with mustard no cheese

i was also raised on the ketchup on tacos thing...but thats just cuz my sister hogged all the taco sauce and my grams had to come up with something quickly every time....still love it to this day. (questionable on healthier vs not healthier but weird yes)

black beans, brown rice, fat free sour cream, and ketchup...my kids love it too i dunno....

not healthy

pickles on grilled cheese (cooked in w grilled cheese)

peanut butter on waffles

two slices of bread balogna mayo and spicey hot doritos...
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to think of the cottage cheese with baked beans thing. I can't get my mind around it.

It's really nice on toast or a jacket potato! :D
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Okra is one of the most vile substances known to man.