Consistency not prefection, looking for support

Options
Leslierussell4134
Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm Leslie and I've used this app off and on since I started personal training a few years back with a lovely trainer who wanted to keep me accountable. I did well for the few months I used it, then somehow fell off track. My weight has always fluctuated since I was a young, I have a predisposition to be heavy, and have been able to maintain a relatively healthy weight most of my life with the exception of my early 20's. I ballooned to 245 lbs at 5 feet tall. I was as tall as I was wide and suffering. My blood pressure was out of control and I was placed on disability by my doctor. He said I was in hypertensive crisis and I was a stroke waiting to happen; all at 21 years old. I knew I had to make a change.
It took me 2 years to lose just over 100 lbs, but it happened. I might always be on medication for blood pressure (hereditary) but I definitely gave myself a much better chance getting the weight off young and changing my risks of cardiovascular disease, heart attack and stoke. Of course everything happens for a reason, because since then I decided to become a nurse to help others achieve their goals of success, whatever they may be.
I've just graduated and I've done what most college students do, gain some weight. Any nurses out there can attest that nursing school is no joke, especially when it comes to reading and being seated for long periods of time. Not conducive to the maintenance of extensive weight loss.
So here I am, late 20's, been on both ends of the spectrum and ready to do it again, lose about 25 lbs.
Each time it seems to get a little bit harder, so I'm reaching out to anyone who'd also like words of encouragement. I'm not a doctor, but I do work around lots of them and have a pretty extensive knowledge of nutrition, exercise and weight loss. So please don't hesitate to ask. I won't be able to advise you specifically, but tips are always helpful.
I train with a trainer 3 days a week currently and don't always eat perfectly, but slow progress is progress, and that's okay by me.
Good luck all.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Honey, you've got this. :flowerforyou:
  • Leslierussell4134
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »
    Honey, you've got this. :flowerforyou:

Thanks, sometimes that's all you need to hear.
  • nickswifey09
    nickswifey09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You def have people in your corner! Surround yourself with positive people
  • Leslierussell4134
    Options
    That's awesome! You def have people in your corner! Surround yourself with positive people

Thanks so much. Looking forward to following as many people as possible with a common goal, Good Health!
  • thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You've done it before, you can do it again :-) Being fit and healthy is the aim of the game. Weight loss is just a bonus!
  • Leslierussell4134
    Options
    You've done it before, you can do it again :-) Being fit and healthy is the aim of the game. Weight loss is just a bonus!

Exactly, yes!
  • Jimsterintexas
    Jimsterintexas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You have a great story. Losing 100 pounds is a monumental feat. Well at least now you know the drill for getting this done. Best wishes on your journey. Feel free to add me if you would like some support. Jim.
  • jkpleimling
    jkpleimling Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's such an awesome story! I can relate to the weight gain during college. It took me long enough but I finally finished up my bachelor's degree at the age of 26 last year and during that extended period of time from high school graduation to this past December and gained 50 pounds in the process. I'm trying to seriously stay committed to this app and healthier living now but I know how helpful support can be! Please add me if you like because I'll take ask the help I can get.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Options
    That's such an awesome story! I can relate to the weight gain during college. It took me long enough but I finally finished up my bachelor's degree at the age of 26 last year and during that extended period of time from high school graduation to this past December and gained 50 pounds in the process. I'm trying to seriously stay committed to this app and healthier living now but I know how helpful support can be! Please add me if you like because I'll take ask the help I can get.

Here's to staying commited! We got this