Over 60 & need to watch my cholesterol & high blood pressure.

Looking for 60+ women interested in losing weight. Want to know how you're doing, what you're eating & what keeps you motivated.

Replies

• swansong1001
    swansong1001 Posts: 53 Member
    Would be happy to join you on the journey. I have lost 25 pounds so far, have a lot to go.
  • bandz3
    bandz3 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Ladies,
    I'd like to join you as well. I'm over 60 and have about 60 lbs to lose. Have "discovered" what works for me and have lost 40 lbs since Sept 2014.
  • clamshellvt
    clamshellvt Posts: 1 Member
    I am almost 60 and just had a physical. For the first time ever I was told to exercise more and drop a few pounds. I have been at the same weight for about 20 years but i am about 20 pounds more than I would like to be. I'm on a mission to avoid taking meds for things I can probably control on my own
  • bandz3
    bandz3 Posts: 3 Member
    That is wonderful you have managed to maintain a stable weight for so many years. The meds are no fun, often creating their own problems. I finally decided to fight back and have lost 40 lbs since last sept. I have more to lose! Last dr visit showed my last lab tests all in thd normal range. Doc thinks I could get off the BP meds soon. I have some great friends who wanted better health in our retirement years (all over65). We got vivofit step counters, linked up with MFP, and havent missed a day marching in
    several months. The improvements to wellbeing, energy, appearance, and our friendship have been amazing. We also are prayer buddies and that inspiration helps us choose to do a few more steps each day.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    bandz3 wrote: »
    That is wonderful you have managed to maintain a stable weight for so many years. The meds are no fun, often creating their own problems. I finally decided to fight back and have lost 40 lbs since last sept. I have more to lose! Last dr visit showed my last lab tests all in thd normal range. Doc thinks I could get off the BP meds soon. I have some great friends who wanted better health in our retirement years (all over65). We got vivofit step counters, linked up with MFP, and havent missed a day marching in
    several months. The improvements to wellbeing, energy, appearance, and our friendship have been amazing. We also are prayer buddies and that inspiration helps us choose to do a few more steps each day.

Those are great results.