cup of tea?

Options
Hi

I have a ritual of having cup of tea in the morning evening and wanted to know if i subsitute the 2 sugars with sweeteners and use semi-skimmed milk how many calories would it roughly be per cup?? and also how does the caffine affect diets?

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Not sure if sweetners add anything, but without you are look around 26 cals
  • amira78
    amira78 Posts: 30
    Options
    thanks dcmat:smile:

not feeling so guilty now..
  • Zakth
    Zakth Posts: 37
    Options
    Most artificial sweeteners are calorie free. Regular tea is also calorie free so the only calories would be from the milk.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i have tea on a morning, with semi skimmed milk and 2 sweetener, 10 calories in total there are heaps in the food database :) some sweeteners have calories some dont, feel free to look in my diary

Sarah x
  • amira78
    Options
    thanks for the replys xx
  • c3lxxx
    c3lxxx Posts: 25
    Options
    Hey girly....you can actually look up the sweeteners in ingredients!!!! Make it a recipe and it will be sooooo easy to record everyday!
  • amira78
    Options
    ok thanks ill check it out:wink:
  • dcmat
    Options
    You could be really virtuous and become a green tea (or even the rarer white tea) snob like me – a great detox if you buy the proper full leaf loose tea and calories free too!
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    If you want to skip calories completely, have a herbal tea. :) I have a Green tea with Jasmine petals every single morning, sometimes in the afternoon and also at night time. It has the anti-oxidants and is totally good for you. If you want to be extra good, get decaf Green Tea. :)
  • amira78
    Options
    ive tryed green tea, its an aquired taste! maybe i sqeezed the bag too much!!lol
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    Yeah, if you squeeze the bag too much it tends to get really bitter. :)

Have you tried other herbal tea flavours? I only ever really liked English Breakfast tea with milk and one sugar, but I gradually weaned myself off it because all the added sugar was just too much. Milk has quite a bit of sugar in it too. Actually, I've kind of given up dairy all together, come to think of it.
  • amira78
    Options
    ive tried rasberry leaf tea, but that was when i was trying to go into labour!:noway:

ill have a look when im in the shops today, thanks x
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Some schools say caffeine, in moderation, actually helps your diet. Some say it hurts it. What I do know is that warm drinks, like tea and coffee, make you feel fuller, and so could potentially help you eat less. I'm pretty sure the calories in any plain, full-leaf tea are so minimal as to be insignificant.

Also, try a teaspoon of honey in your tea. It's only about 20 calories, and, to me, it makes the tea taste better than any sugar or sweetener ever could.

Of course, be warned, I usually drink my tea plain and STRONG (and pretty much only black tea), so I'm not sure how helpful my opinion is on this.
  • amira78
    Options
    Some schools say caffeine, in moderation, actually helps your diet. Some say it hurts it. What I do know is that warm drinks, like tea and coffee, make you feel fuller, and so could potentially help you eat less. I'm pretty sure the calories in any plain, full-leaf tea are so minimal as to be insignificant.

Also, try a teaspoon of honey in your tea. It's only about 20 calories, and, to me, it makes the tea taste better than any sugar or sweetener ever could.

Of course, be warned, I usually drink my tea plain and STRONG, so I'm not sure how helpful my opinion is on this.

yea for some reason hot drinks make you feel full for some reason?
    i never thought of honey, thanks for that!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    try switching to Oolong tea, tastes like earl grey but has all the weight loss properties of green tea. Also it's a diuretic so great if you're holding extra water. I love Oolong tea i drink it every morning without milk or sweetner & i swear it's made a massive difference to my weight loss :)
    p.s i buy clipper tea from health food shop i'm sure theres other brands
  • amira78
    Options
    try switching to Oolong tea, tastes like earl grey but has all the weight loss properties of green tea. Also it's a diuretic so great if you're holding extra water. I love Oolong tea i drink it every morning without milk or sweetner & i swear it's made a massive difference to my weight loss :)
    p.s i buy clipper tea from health food shop i'm sure theres other brands

Never seen this before? where do you buy oolong tea from?
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    are you in the uk? if so you can get it from Julian Graves i buy Clipper brand teas. You can also get it on amazon or try a google search :)
  • amira78
    Options
    yea from uk, ill have a search thanks all ive got in my town health shop wise is holland and barretts.
  • dcmat
    Options
    If in UK I order my tea from Imperial Teas in Lincoln. Give them a ring, say what you are looking for and they'll match the tea to you