Off days from the gym.

Options
Just curious what everyone does on their off days when they don't hit the gym? What activities do y'all do on the side to contribute to your weight loss and what do you find works best aside from the gym?

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Yoga and foam rolling, walks
  • SweetMarie317
    SweetMarie317 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Foam rolling?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Google it, I'm on the app. And should be sleeping lol.

It's glorious torture
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I walk and hit at least 10K steps on my activity tracker.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

+1 for light cardio
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Long walk with the dog
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Not much of a yoga fan myself, that's just me. So I tend to lean towards good old fashion stretching routines, foam rolling and walking the dog. Some rest day I just rest, because it is what the body needs to recover both mentally and physically.

Foam rolling is using a fairly stiff foam roll, squash ball or other round object and putting it between you and the floor. It helps break up the lesions the muscles build up from heavy use. In the beginning it will be somewhat painful. If you have ever had a deep muscle massage you'll know what I mean. Foam rolling just cuts out the expense of the masseuse.
  • SweetMarie317
    Options
    DesertGunR wrote: »

Not much of a yoga fan myself, that's just me. So I tend to lean towards good old fashion stretching routines, foam rolling and walking the dog. Some rest day I just rest, because it is what the body needs to recover both mentally and physically.

Foam rolling is using a fairly stiff foam roll, squash ball or other round object and putting it between you and the floor. It helps break up the lesions the muscles build up from heavy use. In the beginning it will be somewhat painful. If you have ever had a deep muscle massage you'll know what I mean. Foam rolling just cuts out the expense of the masseuse.

Thanks for your input, I'll have to try that out one day.
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    On days off I do absolutely nothing. In fact it's a real chore to get my *kitten* up out of bed or off the couch. I bust my butt 6 days a week, so on my one day off all I do is watch my calories, other than that, I aint doing s**t lol.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am a gym noob. In my first week. My day off will be Friday, first day of summer break for the kids. I am thinking playing in the Ocean will be fun and exhausting.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Long walk with the dog

This
  • cleanbulk_hatersgfy
    cleanbulk_hatersgfy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1 of these-->Long distance bike ride. Running. Wall/rock climbing. Diving. Sailing. Kayaking. Soccer. R&R/cooking/entertaining.
  • run_cmc
    run_cmc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I um...I don't actually take days off (unless I'm sick)...but I mix up workouts so my muscle groups get a chance to recover! I'm either swimming, biking, running, hitting the gym for a class, going to zumba, etc etc.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I either have dance classes or I nothing at all. Rest day is a rest day. I don't need to add more *kitten* to my plate.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Sit my swole behind down in a chair and relax.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Most off days I walk, but otherwise nothing. I rest.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Little bit of walking, foam rolling, stretching.
  • SweetMarie317
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated. I bought a new pair of rollerblades today so on my own off days I'll be putting them to use. Well that and my bike of course. ;)