June challenge

Options
Hi guys!
Tomorrow is the start of June, start of a new month - a new you?
I am going to be carrying out a month-long zero-sugar challenge! This entails only eating naturally occurring sugars (e.g. fruit, anything that hasn't been 'added' or refined), so no sweets, chocolate or crap! Anyone with me?
Or maybe you have your own challenge this month?

Replies

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I love a challenge, but I have a pint of ice cream every Sunday, and creamer in my coffee.

I could easily skip the ice cream, but my coffee needs sweet.... And I need coffee.
  • adnaram
    adnaram Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm doing that, too! Ready to dig in tomorrow!
  • meganscarlet
    meganscarlet Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    I love a challenge, but I have a pint of ice cream every Sunday, and creamer in my coffee.

I could easily skip the ice cream, but my coffee needs sweet.... And I need coffee.

I feel you friend, its exam season for me so I live off coffee. Perhaps you could carry out the challenge with the exception of your coffee treats?
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

I feel you friend, its exam season for me so I live off coffee. Perhaps you could carry out the challenge with the exception of your coffee treats?

I'll be with you in spirit. Haha. I add a tablespoon of sugary creamer to my Rice Krispies too.

I gave up sweets and candy last year for Lent, and nobody will ever let me do that again. It was really rough since I wasn't dieting at the time either. I'm a sugarholic.
  • martika270
    martika270 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    June 1st. It's on. Glad I decided to look through some of these forums and realize summer is here already. Never too late to start. Let's get to work! B)
  • meganscarlet
    Options
    martika270 wrote: »
    June 1st. It's on. Glad I decided to look through some of these forums and realize summer is here already. Never too late to start. Let's get to work! B)
    Team on!! We can do this
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! This sounds so appealing to me!!!!!! Sugar IS the devil, especially to me!!! And the more I eat it the more I crave it!!! Ugh!!! It is what makes me gain weight more than anything!!!! I am tempted to join!!! LOL
  • jcoffeyJC82
    jcoffeyJC82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I use Splenda in my coffee and allow 2 cups a day and 1 Splenda packet in each cup. Lots of parties this month so going to be hard to avoid the dessert table.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    BTW, is there a group to join or just post in this thread?
  • LittleLadWantsToWin
    LittleLadWantsToWin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this.
  • adnaram
    Options
    So how did yesterday go? I feel like I'm coming down off heroine or something. Should get better from here, right?
  • meganscarlet
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    BTW, is there a group to join or just post in this thread?
    I wasnt planning on making a group but I can if people want!
  • meganscarlet
    Options
    adnaram wrote: »
    So how did yesterday go? I feel like I'm coming down off heroine or something. Should get better from here, right?
    It went well! The first week is always the hardest friend, youre doing great!
  • meganscarlet
    Options
    How is everyone doing! I have managed to avoid sugar since Monday and lost a pound!
  • adnaram
    Options
    Doing great! Am seeing pounds lost on the scale, but want to wait until it's been a week so I can see what the balance is after 7 days. Feeling good.