3 day military diet lose 10lbs in 3 days??

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I am on day one of the military diet. I'm using this to jumpstart my weight loss. As I plan on following a low calorie diet for a long period of time, I think will be okay. I mean, it's a reasonable amount of food. Not too much, not too little. I plan on working out as well. I have about 20 pounds to lose.

It's less than 1000 cals/day, how is that a reasonable amount of food? How do you think you will have energy to work out with such low calorie intake?

With 20 lbs to lose you should set up MFP to lose 0.5 or 1 lb/wk, eat about half your exercise calories back, and learn sustainable habits that will help you maintain the loss. Not look for the quickest way to lose the weight with a restrictive diet that you won't be able to sustain in the long term.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I am on day one of the military diet. I'm using this to jumpstart my weight loss. As I plan on following a low calorie diet for a long period of time, I think will be okay. I mean, it's a reasonable amount of food. Not too much, not too little. I plan on working out as well. I have about 20 pounds to lose.

Update us all in 10 days.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Thabks for the advice yall, its very much appreciated Im just so desperate to get thus weight off :'( but im doing well just simply cutting my food portions in half and working out, I think I will stay away from this .

Looking at your profile, we're not too far off from eachother. I started with 110 lbs to lose at the end of January and just hit 33 lbs down this week. The best thing you can do in order to be successful is to follow the calorie recommendation MFP gives you and just let it happen. It won't come off super fast, and it doesn't need to. From my own experience with desperation, it probably won't get you anywhere. Just be happy in the moment knowing you're doing everything right. :)
  • cyjackson30
    cyjackson30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I just started my diary today. I need/want to lose 100lbs. Scare of High blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes is fueling this fight to get healthy. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. ..thanks!
  • wanarun
    wanarun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I actually know a woman who used this diet for 7 months. I saw her at a church meeting only every other Saturday and watched her getting smaller and smaller. I asked her how she was doing it and two weeks later she gave me a printed copy of the diet. It DID work for her and she has kept the weight off for three years now. I wasn't able to stick to it. It's a balanced diet of food. When I put the foods into FP. I don't think there is any harm in trying anything that gets you excited to get going. FP
    I just this article for a three day military diet and its where they lay out a strict diet plan with a list of foods u eat for 3 days and supposedly you lose 10lbs in 3 days I just want to know if anyone has tried it

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    wanarun wrote: »
    I actually know a woman who used this diet for 7 months. I saw her at a church meeting only every other Saturday and watched her getting smaller and smaller. I asked her how she was doing it and two weeks later she gave me a printed copy of the diet. It DID work for her and she has kept the weight off for three years now. I wasn't able to stick to it. It's a balanced diet of food. When I put the foods into FP. I don't think there is any harm in trying anything that gets you excited to get going. FP
    I just this article for a three day military diet and its where they lay out a strict diet plan with a list of foods u eat for 3 days and supposedly you lose 10lbs in 3 days I just want to know if anyone has tried it

Nope

one anecdotal case does not make this a suitable diet to follow

it is simply VLCD with a stupid food restriction list

trying anything is what makes people yo-yo

stop trying everything

just eat fewer calories than you burn

• Sued0nim
    edited June 2015
    Options

Nope

one anecdotal case does not make this a suitable diet to follow and you have no idea what your friend was doing to keep the weight off .. because she must have been using it like some kind of adapted 5:2 diet programme

it is simply VLCD with a stupid food restriction list

trying anything is what makes people yo-yo

stop trying everything

just eat fewer calories than you burn

• coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I did something like this to pass weight in the military. Except it was all salad, tuna, and water, for 7 days, not 3. I lost about 10 pounds over the course of the 7 days, but I also had to couple that with 5 mile runs daily, and 45 minutes of calisthenics daily.

It is not highly recommended, but passing weight is a really big deal in the military (You get chaptered out for failing weight and tape). It is most certainly not recommended for anything past a couple of days, let alone 7 days.
  • coreyreichle
    Options

You don't have to do anything special to "jumpstart" weight loss. Just eat fewer calories than you burn.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I did something like this to pass weight in the military. Except it was all salad, tuna, and water, for 7 days, not 3. I lost about 10 pounds over the course of the 7 days, but I also had to couple that with 5 mile runs daily, and 45 minutes of calisthenics daily.

stripping water weight to pass weight limits is different from losing body fat though .. I think we all agree on that
  • coreyreichle
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I just started my diary today. I need/want to lose 100lbs. Scare of High blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes is fueling this fight to get healthy. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. ..thanks!

Very easy:
    * Log everything you eat, accuratley
    * Log your exercise, but only eat back ~half of the MFP calc'd calories
    * Stay within your macros
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It's absolute complete and utter drivel

An appalling manipulation of water weight through a very low calorie diet, with ridiculous food restrictions that has nothing to do with the military

Use the search function

Oh and grab a hard hat, this thread may get a bit rough

@Rabbitjb I still :heart: you!
  • Sued0nim
    Options

An appalling manipulation of water weight through a very low calorie diet, with ridiculous food restrictions that has nothing to do with the military

Use the search function

Right back at ya :heart:
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

It is not highly recommended, but passing weight is a really big deal in the military (You get chaptered out for failing weight and tape). It is most certainly not recommended for anything past a couple of days, let alone 7 days.

The preferred option is to actually MEET military body fat standards at all times while in service.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Is this the diet where you eat hot dogs and grapefruit? For starters, from what reliable sources have told me, that's not how they eat in the military. Second, a Corey stated, the loss comes from a ridiculous amount of fitness for those who are serving and trying to make tape/weight.

Quick fixes that aren't nutritionally sound or balanced aren't the answer. Hot dogs as a main staple are high is sodium, which in itself, causes water retention. Evaluate the foods that you ARE eating. Are they overly processed? Do they loaded with sugar or carbs, so that they cause a serious spike in your blood sugar? Are you eating enough of the right foods? If you're still not sure what you should be eating, see if you can find a nutritionist or see what you can learn from RELIABLE sources instead. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

• coreyreichle
    Options

The preferred option is to actually MEET military body fat standards at all times while in service.

True, it's the preferred option, but sometimes a whole lotta weekends at the bars pre-deployment, or being on convalescence for 3 months makes that option go right out the window.
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Jonestiarra2013 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just this article for a three day military diet and its where they lay out a strict diet plan with a list of foods u eat for 3 days and supposedly you lose 10lbs in 3 days

Use the search function

Right back at ya :heart:

Add me y'all! I sent you a friend request
  • wanarun
    Options
    Day one is 1400 calories, day two is 1200 and day 3 is 1100. Apples, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, lean meat. I guess if someone was used to eating 3000 calories a day including a lot if junk food, fast food, soda, etc they would lose a lot of water weight and clean out their system.
    Kruggeri wrote: »

It's less than 1000 cals/day, how is that a reasonable amount of food? How do you think you will have energy to work out with such low calorie intake?

With 20 lbs to lose you should set up MFP to lose 0.5 or 1 lb/wk, eat about half your exercise calories back, and learn sustainable habits that will help you maintain the loss. Not look for the quickest way to lose the weight with a restrictive diet that you won't be able to sustain in the long term.

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Didn't you say in another thread that you are losing a pound a day on average? Why are you looking for a silly fad diet when what you are doing seems to be working and already giving you a higher-than-recommended weight loss?
  • wanarun
    Options
    Well the hot dogs aren't lean I guess but who doesn't have a hot dog every once in a while anyways.
    Day one is 1400 calories, day two is 1200 and day 3 is 1100. Apples, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, lean meat. I guess if someone was used to eating 3000 calories a day including a lot if junk food, fast food, soda, etc they would lose a lot of water weight and clean out their system.
    Kruggeri wrote: »