Last Ditch Attempt frrom a Serial Failure!

Options
I have used MFP before but never stuck with any weight loss programme. This is my last attempt and I think I could succeed, especially with support from people in the same boat. I need to drop at least 42lbs but would like to lose 50. I will make a definite choice when I get nearer to the weight. I am now going to the gym 3 times a week - my new resolution but I have been going twice weekly for the past 6 months. Not lost an ounce despite having a PT because I eat far too much and binge on sugar! So now its time to change. Long term, I want to wear a navy lace dress, size 12 for Christmas Day, bring my BP down to normal levels, reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes (am borderline now), improve my asthma and reduce my heart attack risk (had minor HA last June). Says a lot about me when with all the health issues, my first priority is the dress!!!
All support welcome - not very good with this site but feel free to view diary etc and make suggestions if this is possible.
Good luck to everyone trying to sort out weight issues. x

Replies

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I've just taken off 25 lbs and actually enjoyed the process on here. I'm still hoping to lose a couple more pounds/maintain and plan to stick around. I'm working on maximizing my nutrition and not gaining anything back, and my food diary is open. Feel free to friend me if you like. You can do this--This site is amazing!
  • wonderwanton
    wonderwanton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm another serial failure so hoping this works, I've lost 9lbs but Need to loose another 33 lbs
  • sheilaanne48
    sheilaanne48 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hallo people,
    Its been a while but after I signed on for my last ditch attempt, I had a heart attack so have been away from this for a couple of months. Now recovered and ready to start. Managed to maintain my weight instead of piling it on so my next move is to lose weight. Stopped the personal trainer as it is just too hard for me right now but bought a vintage style bike and will use that 4 times a week to get around, plus 4 yoga/pilates sessions at the gym. If I do this and cut back I should see a result, PLEASE!!! Take care, Sheila
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    You are not a serial failure you've just been practicing :smiley:
  • brooke402
    brooke402 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Serial failure here too and also major sugar addict!! I'm pulling for you!!