Busy working girl

penguins_hockey
penguins_hockey Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Since I got out of school I've been too busy with work to try to lose any of the weight I've gained over the past few years. (Though working at Waffle House doesn't help much with all that bad food..) I am finally starting to feel uncomfortable with how big I've gotten. I can't just sit there and feel comfortable or not have to situate my shirt to feel more comfy. I'm tired of that and just wanna be me. Which is not the weight I am at now.

Replies

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    It all comes down to what's a priority for you. When you make weight loss a priority for you, it will be achievable.

I'm a year+ out of university, I work full time (usually 6 days per week) and I'm still dropping lbs and fitting in exercise. I know you can do it too. People with much busier lives than you or I have achieved healthy body weights.

Weight loss is about caloric deficit, which literally takes no more time to create than a surplus does. Watch what you eat, log it, and stick to your goals and you'll be dropping weight in no time.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • siddles11
    siddles11 Posts: 81 Member
    I work 4 weeks straight 11 hours a day.............if I can get into so can you......... we'll do it together
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    The good thing about weight loss is that it actually doesn't take much time. All you need to do is eat a calorie deficit. You don't have to workout to lose weight.

Put your stats in MFP, tell it your goal, then eat the calories it gives you. Stick with that for a while, and you will be successful.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    No matter how busy you are, eating less takes no time at all
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    You can do it! The idea of being to busy to lose weight comes from the common misconception (fuelled by media) that in order to lose weight, you need to spend hours at the gym. Which is not true - it's about creating a calorie deficit. You do that through diet. If you are very busy - like many people on this site are - plan in advance! use the weekends to shop and prep your food and snacks, and make yourself a priority. I actually lost weight after I finished university - having a solid schedule with set meals really helps for me.
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    markiend wrote: »
    No matter how busy you are, eating less takes no time at all

One of the most profound statements I've seen on MFP in a long time.

• Kittyluvluvs
    Kittyluvluvs Posts: 5 Member
    I find we tend to use 'busy' as a quick excuse to avoid unpleasant things we'd rather not do. Often it's really a matter of motivation over a lack of time. I wake up at 6am and have a 30 min long commute to my job, stay there for 8.5hrs, then 50min or so back home. By then it's 5pm and I'm tempted to sit on the couch with my husband, eat, and watch Netflix - but that isn't my only option most days and I know it. I could easily squeeze in 30min biking, using the elliptical, doing exercise videos from pilates to yoga to kickboxing. If I really push myself to do it then it gets done. I can avoid buying chips and candy at the store. I tell my husband not to add that frozen pizza to our grocery cart or a pint of Ben & Jerry's. If I need a quick snack I keep a bag of pre-made salad in the fridge for an emergency. Instead I pick cranberries, pecans, rice cakes, yogurt, grapes, berries and cheese - these are all great quick to eat snacks that easily replace chips, bagels, cookies, crackers and candy bars. I can get a salad at the drive thru instead of a burger... I don't need to order an appetizer or desert when I go out to eat. There's always a healthier way and time has nothing to do with it. It's a matter of how bad you want it and how much you're willing to push yourself to achieve it.