Lose 10-15lbs before 4th of July

Teisha21
Teisha21 Posts: 61 Member
Starting a 21 day challenge on June 12! We will finish the challenge the day before the 4th! Does anyone want to do this with me? My goal is to lose 10-15lbs :)

Replies

• Matsmom1990
    Matsmom1990 Posts: 3 Member
    Absolutely! I'm game :)
  • LegendOfBlake
    LegendOfBlake Posts: 36 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sorry if I'm intruding here, but that would mean you're losing 5 pounds a week, right? How much do you intend on eating to sustain that? That doesn't seem terribly safe to me, even if you go with 10 instead of 15. It's rather excessive for someone so small already. Even eating a base of 1200 won't lose you 3 pounds a week, and eating under that is borderline starvation. Starvation is one way to guarantee you're going to gain your weight back and more.

Whatever you end up doing, I hope you'll do it safely. If you started right now, you could safely lose 8 pounds by July 4th.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    uhhhhhhh lol

2-4 lb per week

now if you said "lose 4 lbs before 4th of july", that would be a decent thread
  • LegendOfBlake
    LegendOfBlake Posts: 36 Member
    Yeah, I feel like losing 4 pounds is a much more reasonable, attainable goal.
  • HopHead28
    HopHead28 Posts: 180 Member
    Teisha21 wrote: »
    Thank you for the concern but I've done the program and lost 10lbs in the 3 weeks. I eat the right amount of food and I workout everyday. So no I'm not starving myself nor am I working out hours at a time.

0_o
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Teisha21 wrote: »
    Thank you for the concern but I've done the program and lost 10lbs in the 3 weeks. I eat the right amount of food and I workout everyday. So no I'm not starving myself nor am I working out hours at a time.

What's the net calories # required for the plan?

I'm guessing that the first time through you had water weight (5-6 lbs) to lose. If you've been going steady since, fat loss won't come as easily.

10 lbs in 3 weeks = -3.3 lbs per week
    15 lbs in 3 weeks = -5.0 lbs per week

To lose 5 lbs/week for 3 weeks you must be morbidly obese and even then, a huge deficit.
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2015
    I am totally in!
  • CYNTHIANELSON1
    CYNTHIANELSON1 Posts: 9 Member
    I am absolutely on the for the challenge. Is there a regimen your going to be doing?
  • julie20100
    julie20100 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in!
  • elliedstory
    elliedstory Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in! Since you've done this before, would you mind sharing how you did it!?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Unless a person has a lot to lose, maintaining a 2 pound a week loss is nearly impossible. And that is the low end of this challenge. I hope you aren't setting yourself up for disappointment.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Why wait until the 12th to get started? you could get a 10 day head start, it might make hitting your goal easier.
  • kikomansauce
    kikomansauce Posts: 59 Member
    I believe that it can be done, 4 lbs a week seems manageable, it's all just about taking out the wrong things and putting in the right things. Perhaps figuring out what makes you bloat too could be helpful.

So I'm IN! What's the plan you're doing?? I have a 20-something day work out plan set up too, and I might add a diet plan to that, not just keeping to the calories & carbs.
  • TSith
    TSith Posts: 244 Member
    All of you beautiful ladies wanting to do this, please take into consideration that it is not physically possible to do this unless you are not eating enough. Or if working out to the extreme and not eating enough. You can not keep your calorie intake at 1200 if you are working out at a high intensity. When your body goes through starvation mode, it will start storing more fat and when you reach your goal Your body will start gaining back even more than you lost. Now 15 pounds by Labor Day?! Go for it!! And also if you would like to burn more calories a day, start lifting those weights! :) I'm not trying to knock your goal, I've just seen this first hand in my own fitness journey!

Xoxo
  • TSith
    TSith Posts: 244 Member
    draznyth wrote: »
    uhhhhhhh lol

2-4 lb per week

now if you said "lose 4 lbs before 4th of july", that would be a decent thread

Yes!!
  • inessagor
    inessagor Posts: 1 Member
    I am in! Is there a diet and an excercise plan that I can follow?
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    I believe that it can be done, 4 lbs a week seems manageable, it's all just about taking out the wrong things and putting in the right things. Perhaps figuring out what makes you bloat too could be helpful.

So I'm IN! What's the plan you're doing?? I have a 20-something day work out plan set up too, and I might add a diet plan to that, not just keeping to the calories & carbs.

4 lbs a week means losing .57 lbs per DAY. One lb is approximately 3,500 calories. As in, if you net 3,500 calories under maintenance for a week, you lose 1 lb. So you want to lose .57 lbs per day? That means you need to eat .57*3500 cals = 1995 calories under maintenance every day. So if you maintain at 2,000 calories, You need to eat 2,000 calories - 1995 calories every day. Yes, that's 5 calories. My maintenance calories are 1,900 calories. I would have to eat zero calories and burn off 95 calories EVERY DAY to lose 4 lbs per week.

Take your maintenance calories. Subtract 1,995 calories. That's all you can eat to lose 4 lbs per week.
  • dianaramirez1220
    dianaramirez1220 Posts: 52 Member
    I finished doing the 21 day fix about a week ago. I started at 259.8 and ended at 250. It's an awesome and safe program. The exercise are for my taste hard, so I kind of put them to the side after my first week. But somehow I managed to keep my self active.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    edited June 2015
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4_FbLSWZR_VcbRUZ5Fx_FcyYaMXCdJo3dErn3MQvvbCE2zXds
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member

4lb a week seem pretty extreme. I struggle to keep it at 2lb and most people already consider that unhealthy for my weight. Since you probably weigh a lot less than me, I'd really reconsider this.