Options
2»

Replies

• MsNeumann
    MsNeumann Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I totally read this as PANTY raid.

I'm kinda disappointed.

Me too!! Lol! I should totally do this...
  • SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have to begin already. My freezers, fridge and pantry are so packed that I have no room to store the freezer meals for the grill that I want to make. (Aldi grocery list, plan and recipes found on Iamthatlady blog.) I bought a new grill and would to use it but I must move some of the crock pot meals I've already prepared.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great way for me to go treasure hunting in the pantry and the freezer. :D (Trying to keep it positive). I'm interested.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I'm not so on board with the panty raid though. But have fun if that's your idea of cardio. :)
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone for Joining me. The invites to the private group will be out shortly. The first posts in the group will be tomorrow morning.
    Please feel free to send me a friend request.
    SallyinIL wrote: »
    I have to begin already. My freezers, fridge and pantry are so packed that I have no room to store the freezer meals for the grill that I want to make. (Aldi grocery list, plan and recipes found on Iamthatlady blog.) I bought a new grill and would to use it but I must move some of the crock pot meals I've already prepared.

I know what you mean. I have stuff hiding my freezer that MUST be used. If I am asked ONE MORE time about those catfish nuggets I am going to SCREAM. They are second on my list. I went ahead and put beans in the Crock Pot. I have enough to make refried beans, pintos and corn bread, AND baked beans.

I also have pearled Barely I bought months ago thinking I would make soups....I have to find some sort of side dish for that. 0_o
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    The group is open! Accept your invitation and bring a friend.
  • SallyinIL
    edited May 2015
    Options

I also have pearled Barely I bought months ago thinking I would make soups....I have to find some sort of side dish for that. 0_o
    Depending on how much baking you do, barley can be ground into flour and combine in a 1:1 ratio with regular flour to make bread. It has a lovely aroma.

Disregard if you don't eat bread, are gluten free or prefer to buy bread. :)
  • SallyinIL
    Options
    Boo hoo hoo. I didn't get invited to the party.

Can you link the group so I can find it? I don't see it listed in the new group list.
  • susan22861
    susan22861 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How do I join this?
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I totally read this as PANTY raid.

I'm kinda disappointed.

LOL!!
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    susan22861 wrote: »
    How do I join this?
    The group is private. I will send you an invite.
  • Infamous624
    Infamous624 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This sounds very interesting! Only with work and school I am on the go a lot and next week I'm going to wedding! But good luck to everyone! You can all do it!
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm! And I'll start now. Cooking rice, add grated cheese, when cooled a bit more, add a can of tuna, and pineapple. A childhood favorite of my husband. Voila, That's our lunch already prepared. Our freezer got shortcircuited two weeks ago and we are waiting for the repair guy to come and fix it once the spare parts come in. As I will need to restock the freezer, why not get a fresh start on our shelves too?
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    I still have room in the group.
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    ElkeKNJ wrote: »
    I'm! And I'll start now. Cooking rice, add grated cheese, when cooled a bit more, add a can of tuna, and pineapple. A childhood favorite of my husband. Voila, That's our lunch already prepared. Our freezer got shortcircuited two weeks ago and we are waiting for the repair guy to come and fix it once the spare parts come in. As I will need to restock the freezer, why not get a fresh start on our shelves too?

You have me afraid that my freezer might do the same thing, if that happens I am going to be eating a TON of corn and okra.

• tanyamoore77
    tanyamoore77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can we still join the group? I'm not sure if I have enough protein in my fridge/freezer/pantry to last 14 days but I would like to give this a try! My family is going to think I'm punishing them. haha They are all picky eaters which is why I have so many partial packages of food.
  • SallyinIL
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I still have room in the group.
    Please invite me. I must have gotten left out of the first round of invitations. :(

• DeniseB0711
    Options
    I am sending you guys invites. One thing to keep in mind is that we may have to supplement. I realized after making my list a second time...that I don't have enough protein in the house. Scored some low priced cuts of meat....the rest came from my pantry and fridge.