Lose 10-15lbs before 4th of July

2»

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    leggup wrote: »
    I believe that it can be done, 4 lbs a week seems manageable, it's all just about taking out the wrong things and putting in the right things. Perhaps figuring out what makes you bloat too could be helpful.

So I'm IN! What's the plan you're doing?? I have a 20-something day work out plan set up too, and I might add a diet plan to that, not just keeping to the calories & carbs.

4 lbs a week means losing .57 lbs per DAY. One lb is approximately 3,500 calories. As in, if you net 3,500 calories under maintenance for a week, you lose 1 lb. So you want to lose .57 lbs per day? That means you need to eat .57*3500 cals = 1995 calories under maintenance every day. So if you maintain at 2,000 calories, You need to eat 2,000 calories - 1995 calories every day. Yes, that's 5 calories. My maintenance calories are 1,900 calories. I would have to eat zero calories and burn off 95 calories EVERY DAY to lose 4 lbs per week.

Take your maintenance calories. Subtract 1,995 calories. That's all you can eat to lose 4 lbs per week.

Well, not really. You also forget:

About a third of that weight loss is water weight.
    It also has an significant increase in activity for about 400-600 calls per day.

It corresponds to a 1000 calorie deficit, a high protein replacement meal. So for you it would be a diet of 1200-1400 cals. 700 cals less food and say 300 from exercise.

It might work if you experience no swelling or water retention.
    But, you'll gain the water loss as soon as you eat normal again.

Yeah, gotta pay for those shakes doe. OP you selling?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    edited June 2015
    ahahahhaha, sorry. Wrong thread.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    I believe that it can be done, 4 lbs a week seems manageable, it's all just about taking out the wrong things and putting in the right things. Perhaps figuring out what makes you bloat too could be helpful.

So I'm IN! What's the plan you're doing?? I have a 20-something day work out plan set up too, and I might add a diet plan to that, not just keeping to the calories & carbs.

4 lbs a week means losing .57 lbs per DAY. One lb is approximately 3,500 calories. As in, if you net 3,500 calories under maintenance for a week, you lose 1 lb. So you want to lose .57 lbs per day? That means you need to eat .57*3500 cals = 1995 calories under maintenance every day. So if you maintain at 2,000 calories, You need to eat 2,000 calories - 1995 calories every day. Yes, that's 5 calories. My maintenance calories are 1,900 calories. I would have to eat zero calories and burn off 95 calories EVERY DAY to lose 4 lbs per week.

Take your maintenance calories. Subtract 1,995 calories. That's all you can eat to lose 4 lbs per week.

Well, not really. You also forget:

About a third of that weight loss is water weight.
    It also has an significant increase in activity for about 400-600 calls per day.

It corresponds to a 1000 calorie deficit, a high protein replacement meal. So for you it would be a diet of 1200-1400 cals. 700 cals less food and say 300 from exercise.

It might work if you experience no swelling or water retention.
    But, you'll gain the water loss as soon as you eat normal again.

Yeah, gotta pay for those shakes doe. OP you selling?

Since OP has already lost 6 lbs on her profile, I assume she's already lost the initial water weight we all lose in the beginning. You still have to net a VLCD level of calories to hit the deficit needed for 4 lbs lost/week.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Teisha21 wrote: »
    Thank you for the concern but I've done the program and lost 10lbs in the 3 weeks. I eat the right amount of food and I workout everyday. So no I'm not starving myself nor am I working out hours at a time.

lol oh, ok then

rollseyes.gif
  • TSith
    TSith Posts: 244 Member
    draznyth wrote: »
    Thank you for the concern but I've done the program and lost 10lbs in the 3 weeks. I eat the right amount of food and I workout everyday. So no I'm not starving myself nor am I working out hours at a time.

lol oh, ok then

rollseyes.gif

Ayyyy yikes.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    My friend just took this "21 day challenge"... isn't it Advocare? .... hmmm... she initially lost weight; but she put it back on. 1-2lbs a week is really pushing it...eating clean and working out everyday. Too many people want to sprint to the finish line when in reality it's a marathon...and a lifestyle change. Good luck on your challenge...I hope you stick with it. But I would really pick something more reasonable and stay consistent for a real life change.
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Jonestiarra2013 Posts: 143 Member

What's the net calories # required for the plan?

I'm guessing that the first time through you had water weight (5-6 lbs) to lose. If you've been going steady since, fat loss won't come as easily.

10 lbs in 3 weeks = -3.3 lbs per week
    15 lbs in 3 weeks = -5.0 lbs per week

To lose 5 lbs/week for 3 weeks you must be morbidly obese and even then, a huge deficit.
    Why is it easy/ normal for someone who is obese to lose fat a lot faster?
  • Teenie0916
    Teenie0916 Posts: 22 Member
    dfranch wrote: »
    Why wait until the 12th to get started? you could get a 10 day head start, it might make hitting your goal easier.

I know right? What's wrong with starting TODAY, like right NOW!?!?

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member

What's the net calories # required for the plan?

I'm guessing that the first time through you had water weight (5-6 lbs) to lose. If you've been going steady since, fat loss won't come as easily.

10 lbs in 3 weeks = -3.3 lbs per week
    15 lbs in 3 weeks = -5.0 lbs per week

To lose 5 lbs/week for 3 weeks you must be morbidly obese and even then, a huge deficit.
    Why is it easy/ normal for someone who is obese to lose fat a lot faster?

Two reasons:

One - someone who is morbidly obese has more water weight to lose, which makes their rate of loss in the initial weeks look huge. Depending on how big someone is, you could be talking up to 5 pounds or more per week just of water for the first 1-3 week or so. For the super morbidly obese (think 500-600+ pounds) it can even be more than that - 10-12 lbs per week.

Two - someone who is morbidly obese naturally burns more calories per day. The bigger you are, the more your maintenance calories are. It's just science. So, it's a lot easier to create a big daily deficit. If someone who is 150lbs cuts down to 1500 calories per day, that's probably a 250-500 calorie per day deficit, maybe a little more if they're REALLY active. If someone who is 350lbs cuts down to 1500 calories per day, that's probably a 1500 or more per day deficit. You know?

It all slows down as people lose, though.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    So much wrong with this thread... I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

There are no quick fixes - just do the work...

I came across this gem today - it seems apropos...

Focus on results and you'll get no change;
    Focus on change and you'll get results.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited June 2015
    So much wrong with this thread... I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

There are no quick fixes - just do the work...

I came across this gem today - it seems apropos...

Focus on results and you'll get no change;
    Focus on change and you'll get results.

Why not both?
    I'd hate to have a pilot that doesn't know the destination.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    jos05 wrote: »
    My friend just took this "21 day challenge"... isn't it Advocare? .... hmmm... she initially lost weight; but she put it back on. 1-2lbs a week is really pushing it...eating clean and working out everyday. Too many people want to sprint to the finish line when in reality it's a marathon...and a lifestyle change. Good luck on your challenge...I hope you stick with it. But I would really pick something more reasonable and stay consistent for a real life change.
    It's not a "fix" for only 21 days. You don't just stop on day 22. How long does it take to make something into a habit? I took a year off of doing anything really active...didn't take very long for that to become my habit. But then I started working out again. It took me about a week to make working out again a habit. Everyone is different. Everyone has different motivations. The idea is to help in 21 days and hopefully they'll be able to keep the motivation going.

the idea is to get you to waste your money on beachbody supplements and program materials

nevermind the fact that it is way too much weight to try and lose (safely) in such a short period of time. but it's obvious you are ignoring that