losing strength help

Options
Has anyone experienced this ? Is it normal ? I have been cutting for a month and a half now and notice a little decrease of strength in my workouts... It kind of messed me up mentally.. Any advice ? Thank you fitfam

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. What's your weight loss rate? You could try increasing your calories a little to help you out in the gym.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups

Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam. Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Happens when you're in a deficit. Maybe yours is too large.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Yes it does happen. I have lost 20 pounds and really have bounced around on strength since doing 5/3/1 program. I notice that it is well my deficit is a little larger when strength drops. Also that protein was decreased.

How much strength did you lose?
  • kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Completely natural, most people who claim to build muscle or maintain it while cutting are on gear, or do not know what their 1RM's are all together. You may want to train your weakest points on your refeed days to try and maintain as much of that lean body mass as possible, but there is no guarantee that will even work, unfortunately we cannot manipulate our body's the way we wish.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Completely natural, most people who claim to build muscle or maintain it while cutting are on gear, or do not know what their 1RM's are all together. You may want to train your weakest points on your refeed days to try and maintain as much of that lean body mass as possible, but there is no guarantee that will even work, unfortunately we cannot manipulate our body's the way we wish.

My friend tells me who has done close to five bulk/cut phases for five years that what you said is 100% correct. Its like at a more advance stage to lifting it is very hard to maintain while in a cut and an increase strength means you might not be in a calorie deficit.

• marcosdt10
    marcosdt10 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great responses , def made me feel better.... I went from benching 250 4 reps down to 1 rep.... Got me a little messed up yesterday when I was at the gym , got sad and sh## lol it got me down big time ... But will continue ! I want these abs so bad ,but then I want to be big
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    marcosdt10 wrote: »
    Thank you all for the great responses , def made me feel better.... I went from benching 250 4 reps down to 1 rep.... Got me a little messed up yesterday when I was at the gym , got sad and sh## lol it got me down big time ... But will continue ! I want these abs so bad ,but then I want to be big

Cant get big and shredded at same time quickly. got to pick a goal which I see is fat loss then muscle strength.

• marcosdt10
    marcosdt10 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you bro